Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2007, 05:20 AM   #1
Envy
Dungeon Master

I'm inspired by Dundee's thread about Leonardo and decided to start a solo cavalier so..
if you can give me some general tips(equipment,weap.prof.etc.)
I will be grateful..

Regards.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:38 AM   #2
IronDragon
Elminster

While you might be tempted to go for two handed swords because of the holy avenger I would not recommend it for a solo cavalier. Yes it is a great weapon but there are limited choices before you can get to it and when soloing you need to remain flexible. That means sharp and blunt weapons.

Optimum choice (IMO)
** Long swords
** Flails
* Sword and Shield Style
* Two weapon style

There are lots of good choices for long sword: Flame tongue, Daystar, Equalizer, Blade of Roses.

Flails for the flail of Ages, arguably best weapon in the game and available practically out of the starting block.

Initially use a shield for the AC bonus but eventually moving to dual wielding

Eventually you may want to put a * (better two) in Bastard Sword for the Purifier once you can manage the Watcher’s keep.

As for the rest:
Armor: Red Dragon Scale or Gorgon Plate
Bracers: Paladin’s Bracers, gloves of Healing, Gauntlets Weapon Expertise. What ever you might enjoy
Helmet: Helm of Balduran…the best and you get it as soon as you start.
Girdle: highest strength enhancing one you have
Cloak: cloak of the sewers followed by Cloak of Mirrors
Rings: ring of the ram, and Ring of Protection +2
Misc: Gem Bag, scroll case, Glasses of ID

[ 06-03-2007, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: IronDragon ]
Old 06-03-2007, 05:31 PM   #3
Lord Michael
Elminster

I like Vhailor's Helm better. [img]smile.gif[/img] Of course I am just a lowly Fighter.
Hey, what about the Bag of Holding!? Perhaps the sweetest misc. item EVER!

[ 06-03-2007, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Lord Michael ]

"Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"
Lord Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 06:02 PM   #4
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Mmmm... Daystar, if you're quick, you don't necesarily have to face the errrm "guardian" of the blade right away.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 06:31 PM   #5
Lord Michael
Elminster

Man I never thought of that. I'm sure it can be done though. Oh well, the fight wasn't too hard, even fairly early in the game. Too bad there aren't more of a certain scroll! Definitely worth using it for all that exp. and treasure.
Oh yeah, and I also prefer the Wish Plate Mail. Fastest way to -10 AC that I know of! (with other factors of course). [img]smile.gif[/img]

"Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"
Lord Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:44 AM   #6
Envy
Dungeon Master

Thanks for the advices. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I first finished Circus Tent and then went to copper coronet and finished slavers quest.

Any recommendation on which quest I have to choose now will be helpful.This is my first solo attempt and I have to follow a different path.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:48 AM   #7
IronDragon
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Envy:
Thanks for the advices. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I first finished Circus Tent and then went to copper coronet and finished slavers quest.

Any recommendation on which quest I have to choose now will be helpful.This is my first solo attempt and I have to follow a different path.
There is some easy exp to be had with the orphan girl and the Paladin in the graveyard, and you can pick up the kidnappers side quest that as well.

If you have a magic weapon head on over to the temple district to get the un-seeing eye quest…though your probably in no condition to actually do that one yet…but you can get the cloak of the sewers. You can also seek complete the temple artist quest (unless you want to have the improved Mace of Disruption)

Then maybe the government district to get the quest to find Valygar (and open the planar sphere,) and get the Umar hills/shadow lord quest going. Lots of easy exp in that little village. And while in the government district get the exp form talking to Jan and saving Vicky.

Eventually you will need to tackle the De’Arnise quest. I would follow that up with Trademeet. (The Flail of Ages is a great troll killing weapon.)

[ 06-04-2007, 04:51 AM: Message edited by: IronDragon ]