Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2002, 04:03 AM   #1
David15
Dungeon Master

Hi everybody. I am in the maze under the thief' guild in Chapter 7 and have killed the doomguards and am ready to face the skeletons. Most of my characters are level six or so. Anyway I was wondering if anyone knew of any good subquests that lead to lots of treasure and XP, because I'm not sure my party is ready to take down Sarevok. Also, what are the Doom Guards and the things like them that are outside Durlag's Tower? One last question. I heard that there was a better version of the nymph's cloak but I have forgotten it's name.
David15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 05:57 AM   #2
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

1.- Dunno which quests have you done, so i cant tell you. Just explore all the maps and do everything you can... its a good idea to finish TotSC before facing Sarevok too.
2.- They´re Battle Horrors
3.- Algernon´s cloak. If you want to know its location, ask and you´ll be spoiled [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2002, 06:33 AM   #3
David15
Dungeon Master

Hi everyone! More questions, to statr with a bit of a silly one, but one that has troubled me: Do the Bracers of Archery affect Bow weapons or only Missile type weapons, like the crossbow and darts. The stats that come with it say missile weapons, but I don't know if it means missiles in general or as a type of weapon. Also, what are the best cloaks? At present I have the Nymphs Cloak, the Cloak of non-detection and the cloak of protection+1.
Old 02-11-2002, 07:00 AM   #4
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

If you have TotSC then go to Ulgoths Beard and get the cloak of displacement, I think you can also get a cloak of protection +2 from there. Cloak of non-detection doesn't really get utilised in BG1 so I'd consider selling it, I tend not to use nymph cloaks either but that's just my personal style. Bracers of archery affect all missile weapons (bows, crossbows, darts and throwing axes) AFAIK.
Old 02-11-2002, 07:39 AM   #5
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Cloak of protection +2 isnt in Ulgoth´s beard...
SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
- Its in the catacombs under Candlekeep (only Chapter 6)
Old 02-11-2002, 01:46 PM   #6
Lavindathar
Harper

David, I don't think you are ready personally. Sarevok and the people ahead of him are hard fights, and I am nearly two chapters before you in the game, and my party is around the level 7/8 mark. My thief is 5000xp off level 9, my Mage is level 8 and I still have the lower half of Durlags, and the chapters to do. But I think I have done virtually ever subquest that it is possible to do.

You said that Algernon's cloak is better than a Nymph's cloak, but I recall them being the same. I have them both on my current game, and from what I recall, they both give Charisma + 2??
Old 02-11-2002, 05:41 PM   #7
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

SMALL SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
- Algernons cloak can charm person from a distance, while nymphs cloak needs the target to be close to the wearer of the cloak.
Old 02-11-2002, 06:14 PM   #8
Panther007
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think that Algernons Cloak, is pretty much the strongest item in the BG1. With this Cloak, my Imoen can walk almost trhough all of the fights unharmed using the Walk in Shadow/Using Algernon tactics. I dont play this way because I think it can ruin the gameplay, but sometimes its really fun to look how some of the bad guys kill themselves [img]smile.gif[/img]
\"I was never very skilled at Healing, and I follow a different power now.\" His sudden smile was cruel. \"I fear Shai\'tan\'s healing is different from the sort you know. <br />Be healed, Lews Therin!\"
Panther007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 06:23 PM   #9
Lavindathar
Harper

quote:
Originally posted by Ertai_OHF:
SMALL SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
- Algernons cloak can charm person from a distance, while nymphs cloak needs the target to be close to the wearer of the cloak.

Cheers Ertai, didnt know that!! Although I have them both, I've never used either..I did know you could charm with each (ive seen them in the use item spot), but just never used them!! Maybe I should!!

PS - Does everyone get Algernon's cloak by learning about it off that Mage, and then just not giving it to the Mage?
Old 02-12-2002, 01:32 AM   #10
David15
Dungeon Master

Durlags Tower? When I tried to go there here were two Battle Horror things outside. I managed to kill one one time, so maybe I'll try again. Are there any good ways to kill them, e.g. Arrows of Fire?