Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2005, 03:46 AM   #21
Midget Gems

I would just like to say that it is NOT FAIR. Why can't any of my small friends be Bards! They can sing and tell tales as well as the next man. I included a Bard in my Guys & Gals party, but I used a Half-Elf (how sad). I had to wait for IWD2 to create a Hafling Bard.

And if you think that using one weaker character for role-playing is interesting, then how about the afore-mentioned Guys & Gals party, where all 3 Gals were non-fighters (no weapons & no magical damage allowed). Now that makes it interesting, but not all that difficult.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:22 AM   #22
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Serak Moonblade:
dundee: which means that you would be having more spellcasters who could summon more monsters. it is a good tactic but i use it when i have a lot of ammunition for ranged weapons.
Eh... it costs 1 buck to purchase a quiver/case/bag of ammunition. Nobody is ever too poor to afford ammunition. Plus the fact that you do not have the THAC0 problems one will have on higher difficulties.

You do not need a lot of summons. A simple Animate Dead from a Cleric is already more than sufficient. Especially since they last for 8 hours.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 01:09 PM   #23
Grog
Dungeon Master

@Midget Gems: There's a gnome bard included with the new characters in Auril's Bane.
\"He who kneels before God can stand before anyone.” ~Anonymous <br /><br />\"You need to change how you look at it, when you can\'t change the it you\'re looking at.\" - Bishop T.D. Jakes <br /><br />[url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=23\" target=\"_blank\">Auril\'s Bane</a> -- An IWD Mod
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 01:59 PM   #24
Midget Gems

Thanks for the tip, Grog. I'll ckeck it out.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:09 AM   #25
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

The reason folks are turned off by Bards-----
You played BG when it first came out.
You didn't create a Bard..because they looked kind of sucky.
You recruited "Sir" Garrick, and found out they WERE sucky.
Once burnt, twice shy.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote