Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-10-2004, 04:40 PM   #1
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Lately, whenever I try to visit a site like Hotmail or eBay, I get this message:

As far as I can tell, I haven't changed any settings in Spybot itself to give me warnings like this, and I'm not sure how to disable it. Does anyone know what's up? And how I can stop these messages popping up?
Old 08-10-2004, 04:52 PM   #2
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

"DoubleClick" is probly something you downloaded with another program and is a "Resident" in your browser and is trying to download itself completely. Run Spybot and see if it comes up, than clean it out.
You should also check "Add/Remove Programs" and see if its there.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:57 PM   #3
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Spybot just released an update. Double-click is a dataminer. It is just about everywhere, to include ebay, and hotmail.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:10 PM   #4
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Arledrian, DoubleClick is an advertiser whose cookies can track a user across several web pages. Most likely what you are experiencing is Spybot wanting to block the cookie download from ads on those pages. It seems that the Spybot immunization feature is set to prompt you for confirmation for every download it blocks. If so, try the following to resolve this:

- start up Spybot S&D in "advanced mode" and select the "immunize" button. In the middle of the window you should see an entry for spyware download blocking in internet explorer. There is a selection box associated with that feature -- check to make sure that the following option is chosen: "Block all bad pages silently."

[ 08-10-2004, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Old 08-10-2004, 07:39 PM   #5
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Great, thanks for the help you guys. I appreciate it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2004, 08:24 PM   #6
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

You're quite welcome, glad to be of some help. [img]smile.gif[/img]

By way of followup, a more effective browser immunizer, and one that the folks who produce and support Spybot themselves recommend, is Spywareblaster. It's a free program and very easy to setup and use. Javacool, the developer, has been active in the anti-spyware community for quite a while. Here is a link to his page: Javacool Software.

Note- this is not a replacement for Spybot S&D, but a good utility to have in tandem with it.

[ 08-10-2004, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]