Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2001, 01:42 AM   #41
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Larry, so sorry you didn't get to beat the crap out of him! I was hoping to hear something about that but nothing happening is better than hearing you got shot by some punk who was gonna steal your lawnmower. It's a sad thing that we have to live in a world where we have to be concerned with these things, and I think most of the posts in this thread point out one (or you may see several) things that we'd all rather not see in the world. And here I am typing about things that we'd rather not have to be concerned with, those things being my opinions of the world LOL!

Anywho, glad to see that you're safe, but dissapointed I didn't get to hear a story about you beating the crap out of the guy (or gal since we're all being totally politically correct j/k)

-Jafin

PS - That last remark was for the sake of humor, not intended to flame or ridicule anyone

------------------

Arch-Mage of the HADB
Destroyer of the evil Bunnies
Guardian of Boo and best friend of Minsc
Old 09-03-2001, 01:47 AM   #42
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Jafin:

Anywho, glad to see that you're safe, but dissapointed I didn't get to hear a story about you beating the crap out of the guy (or gal since we're all being totally politically correct j/k)

-Jafin

PS - That last remark was for the sake of humor, not intended to flame or ridicule anyone

LOL! I've seen just as many chicks that need the crap beaten out of them as men!

Well, I'll probably be receiving a call from women's lib now!

------------------

Proud new member of LH!
Old 09-03-2001, 01:50 AM   #43
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

My "disclaimer" at the end there was more for the politically correct comment than women getting the crap beat out of them but I guess it does serve both purposes .

-Jafin

------------------

Arch-Mage of the HADB
Destroyer of the evil Bunnies
Guardian of Boo and best friend of Minsc
Old 09-03-2001, 02:09 AM   #44
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by machinehead:
Since so many criminals carry guns going out with a stick is probably not a good idea. The sound of a shotgun being cocked is another story!
I was going to say myself that it isn't the best idea to be armed with a stick when you are walking into a gunfight but I wasn't sure I should. Thank you!
Larry, please do be cautious!

Jafin, LMAO!

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-03-2001, 04:28 AM   #45
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I'd love to make an alarm that has huge speakers outside that go off if a prowler is around. Rather than a siren it'd be great if it were an enraged male voice spouting vehement expletives.

"F@#K!!!! You f*#king f#@k, how dare you try and break in here. You worthless son of a mangy f#@k. I'm gonna shoot you. I'm gonna blow you away and then I'm going to make you kiss my a$$ you dumb f#@k!"

or

"FREEZE MUTHA FLUFFA!"

In terms of volume think as loud as a really loud band. Yes it will disturb the neighbours, Isn't that the point?

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 09-03-2001, 11:39 AM   #46
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Oops!
I did not mean to cause such a debate over skin color.
The world would be very boring if we all looked alike ...
Let me point out that in my high-school, most of my friends were black.
In Mexico, I saw a Hispanic lady that I thought was the most beautiful girl on the planet, and I wanted to marry her right then & there.
I have a friend at church who is Albanian/Greek.
I could keep going on, but you get my point.
Racist, I am not.
Usually, when a white person is biast against blacks, he/she will use the "N" word to describe them in his/her anger.
I have never used that word, because I owe too much to my black friends to forget their friendship to me in that way.
The kid next door is a very troubled kid.
He has hit his mother, he plays terribly vulgar music sometimes, and once, Karen went over there and asked him to turn it down, because she could hear it in our house.
His mom suspects him of doing drugs, and getting into trouble with his friends.
I suspected him, because he has done it before, and nobody else has as much reason to.
Most of the robberies committed are from people who already know what they are after, and where it is at.
My terminology of the word black was only to draw an identification.
My neihbor (white) said that she saw a black man in my yard.
She has never before alarmed me of any such presence, so I believe her.
If the police were to come and investigate, they would look at all of the black families on the road that I live on as their first suspects, becasuse it is most likely this person was on foot, as I did not hear/see any cars nearby to get away in.

------------------

Father of the wickedly cute child known as MaryBeth
Old 09-03-2001, 02:51 PM   #47
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Thank you for posting that Larry! Having learned a little more details about your situation makes all the difference

And I must say I don't blame you for being worried about your neighbor's boy. Anyone who hits his mother and does drugs is scary. Do you have motion detector lights outside your home?

------------------
Old 09-03-2001, 09:02 PM   #48
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Do you have motion detector lights outside your home?

Yes I do.
Also, my elderly white neighbor has been robbed in the past, and so she is probably hoping that I will add to her saftey, as well.

------------------

Father of the wickedly cute child known as MaryBeth