Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-02-2001, 05:18 AM   #11
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
sorry, no offense here

a devoted christian actually plays game here. I always thought game is something below the esteem of christian. well, funny, because that is exactly what I thought. it feels like game is a witchcraft thing that all of them are evil and they shalt be cleansed by the fire of heaven...

lol, now I understand bueaty of artistry (should I use this expression here to describe a game? or something else?) can be appreciated by people of all kind, no matter their ages, believes, races and agendas

LOL, I am BSing... dont mind me
Yeah yeah, I know...D&D is satanic and all that. Believe me I've heard it. You just can't convince some people. Mind you I know heaps of Christians that play, and one friend of mine who's one of the Senior Pastors at that humungous Church in Singapore got addicted to Planescape, and stole it from my PC! (We were sharing a house at the time)

One believer has the faith to "eat meat" and another not, but the one who eats shouldn't criticise the one - of weaker faith - who doesn't. So I guess I should shut up.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 09-02-2001, 05:52 AM   #12
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Ah Yorick Yorick..where your life takes you, the computers you leave also
Agreed Torment is pretty damn cool! But it takes forever to start up the beginning is really slow..

And uh..which church was the pastor from anyways?
About religious issues..whats a guy to do when he decides that D&D issint exactly gratifying in the Christian sense of the word and yet has met so many interesting people on a board of D&D players?
I've always wondered how other Christians on the board deal with the whole D&D/satanic thing..
------------------
Resident Lurker Guy

[This message has been edited by Lifetime (edited 09-02-2001).]
Old 09-03-2001, 12:51 AM   #13
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

Like Romans 14 says...

As far as dealing with your concience playing D&D, I find it easier to play "good" characters who right wrongs. I can also realize that it only a game. If someone believes that it is wrong to play, then I am completely convinced that they SHOULD NOT.

Same thing for eating pork, etc.
Old 09-03-2001, 12:58 AM   #14
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
How do I deal with it? Well I am christan and I understand its JUST A GAME!!

Even if my 17th level priest of Cryic prays every night to him I DONT.

There is a diffrence between the game and real life. Witch most of my famly dosnet seem to understand

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

The ranger looked at the place out side of the elven town near the river, he looked near the rocks, then they showed the way ....

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Currently in service for the Red Wizards
Old 09-03-2001, 04:12 AM   #15
sylent
Emerald Dragon

I read in an Australian Gaming magazing recently (PC Gamer or something), that of all time, Planescape: Torment got no. 2... thats out of 1 hundred, and it beat Bg2, Half Life, and a host of other really great games.
I haven't played it, but from the sounds of it, I should.

btw, Deus Ex got no. 1

------------------
"Watch your back"
Old 09-03-2001, 04:39 AM   #16
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:

And uh..which church was the pastor from anyways?
City Harvest Church Singapore. The meet at the old "Hollywood Cinema" near the Malay Village. They're building - and thus will be moving to - a new complex out at Jurong.

The issue is tha.. ah it's complex and I'm rired. goodnight, I'll post it later

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!