Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2001, 05:13 AM   #31
Rikard

Sazarac i think you broke your own rule as i do not think any non-american knows the meaning of IXNAY nor does he know what the hell nix is
And for one i know the starter of the thread was Dutch

Never the less i think this thread should be placed as a permanent reminder of the fact that these kind of thread shoulkd not be posted

------------------

OMG I have no Arms
Wait I don't have a body either

Old 08-31-2001, 08:51 AM   #32
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

Father Bronze: since the tone of the thread has changed, I don't mind leaving it up. I have a aversion to deleting threads since a lot of good information gets in there. I just want to make sure that no new popularity threads pop up, since this one is the second one in a week.
Agree totally. It's important to leave some record of what's happening in our community, whether or not it's good or bad. How will we learn otherwise? There's nothing more frustrating for someone than to come back and find one of their threads has vanished without explanation. IMHO the only threads that should be deleted outright are ones which refer to illegal/criminal activities, or have a lot of obscenities and racial/sexual references. I prefer locking a thread to deleting it. Just my 2c.

------------------
Old 08-31-2001, 09:16 AM   #33
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Hmm... all I have to say is... no need to rant... we should still be gentle and all... and not "command" yet and just request a lil... as said, these guys maybe newbies in GD, and with brute force it can scare them or something, or retaliate badly... it was just this popularity thread that nobody really took as serious as maybe the one who made the thread intended

------------------

Heya! It's me, Imoen!
Old 08-31-2001, 09:21 AM   #34
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

This is soooo late for this topic but will post anyway

Isn't a popularity contest on this board a little akin to say the Screem Actors Guild Awards? Actors giving other Actors awards...here it is just members giving other members awards.

I agree with you 100% Saz, these threads need to be put to a grinding halt! If for nothing else, b/c I am never mentioned in any of them

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Proud member of the Lecherous Hillbillies...oh no wait the Laughing Hyenas
Old 08-31-2001, 09:31 AM   #35
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Sazerac, thank you for the clarification thread.
I am feeling better, now that I understand what you meant in that previous thread.
What I am still bothered with is that I believe every stinker in here has only briefed over my thread and they all think that I said to leave the popularity thread alone.
I never said that.
I am all for it vanishing and just like everyine else, I do not want to see them re-appear.
MY post was only to draw attention to the fact that I believed that you seemed a little more aggresive towards this particular guy, and swore that you would delete any future posts.
My suggestion was only to go ahead and do it, then tell the guy why, without the angry face icons.
How my intentions never got read the way I menat them is still a mystery to me.
Can anyone tell me what I said wrong to make Sazerac think I did not want the post deleted????

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Third member of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Faith beset in The Rocks
(they show the way, you know...)
Old 08-31-2001, 10:28 AM   #36
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Larry,

Thanks so much for posting again, and I'm so glad that little misunderstanding has been cleared up! I'm really glad, because I consider you a friend online and I would have been sad if that relationship had been compromised.

I can well understand your frustration with others misinterpreting your statements. For the record, I didn't: I did understand from the get-go that your concerns were with my wording, not my actions. I hope everyone understands this now as well.

Rikard, LOL! Point taken: "Ixnay" on the Ixnay. Look at it this way, now, though...you have a new term to mystify people with.

OK, back to regularly scheduled programming...

------------------
Old 08-31-2001, 10:36 AM   #37
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

This particular popularity thread has gotten a bit off track, so I wouldn't worry. I'm still against popularity threads in general.

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 08-31-2001, 10:39 AM   #38
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
Sazarac i think you broke your own rule as i do not think any non-american knows the meaning of IXNAY nor does he know what the hell nix is
And for one i know the starter of the thread was Dutch

Never the less i think this thread should be placed as a permanent reminder of the fact that these kind of thread shoulkd not be posted

iay greeaay ithway ouyay noay veryeay ointpay! ellway aidsay ikardray.

ackbay langsay niay ommoncay niay ritainbay ay

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Go for it Sven!
Granite, Limestone, Igneous, Marble and Sandstone.
Old 08-31-2001, 11:09 AM   #39
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

My suggestion was only to go ahead and do it, then tell the guy why, without the angry face icons.
How my intentions never got read the way I menat them is still a mystery to me.
Can anyone tell me what I said wrong to make Sazerac think I did not want the post deleted????

I think you might have misinterpreted what Saz said, mate. Saz was defending his right to tell people to stop posting those types of threads (which he has a right to, being a mod and all). Somewhere between his post and your follow-up there was a disconnect. It's all a misunderstanding and honestly, not worth stressing about. It all comes out in the wash!

Now think happy thoughts!

------------------
Old 08-31-2001, 11:13 AM   #40
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

iay greeaay ithway ouyay noay veryeay ointpay! ellway aidsay ikardray.

ackbay langsay niay ommoncay niay ritainbay ay

I think I cracked that one - "back slang?"

------------------

I am the great Kazara