Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-21-2001, 02:47 PM   #1
Lord Exxon

OK, here's something weird, why can I dual Yoshimo but not Minsc, Keldorn etc?
I was hoping to dual Cernd to a mage, but it doesnt work!

----------------
What we do in life, echoes in eternity

Old 10-21-2001, 02:54 PM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

1. the NPC must be human
2. They must have at least 16 in the prerequisite stat of their current class, and 17 in the prerequisite of the class they want to dual to (ie a fighter who wants to dual to a mage needs at least 16 strength and 17 intelligence)
3. you can't dual-class paladins.

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-22-2001, 09:01 AM   #3
Kezardin
Elminster

Lord Exxon,

also some classes have other limitations when it comes to dual classing :

- druids can only dual to/from fighters

- rangers can only dual to/from clerics

Kez

[This message has been edited by Kezardin (edited 10-22-2001).]
Old 10-22-2001, 12:07 PM   #4
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

In the P&P of AD&D 2nd Ed. you need 15 in the primary stat(s) of your first class and 17 as you mentioned in the second. I don´t know how stricht these rules were converted, but as a ranger for example you will need 15 in all yor 3 prime stats.
Old 10-22-2001, 03:57 PM   #5
Tuor
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris77Se:
In the P&P of AD&D 2nd Ed. you need 15 in the primary stat(s) of your first class and 17 as you mentioned in the second. I don´t know how stricht these rules were converted, but as a ranger for example you will need 15 in all yor 3 prime stats.
Not strictly true if you want to dual class your ranger to a cleric you need 18 in Str, con, wis and dex (and be human)

You can also only dual class into what would be a valid multiclass combination-they're in your manual.

Technically you need 15 in the primary stat of your first class and 17 in the primary stat of your second but I've had probs so I'd advise you have an 18 in both it saves hassle in the long.

Just remember when you dual you lose all your first classes abilities until you overtake that class' levels with those of your second.