Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-20-2001, 07:06 PM   #11
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

I found minsc was a liability in the group. Always being held or what not. Keldorn was my main fighter. Minsc was just cannon fodder. The amount of times had to raise him from the dead. I'd just like to say that Keldorn is probably the best fighter in the game. Dragon amour.Cromryr +5. Boots of haste and finally gauntlets of dexterity. Nothing can stand in his path trust me.

Warby
Old 10-20-2001, 08:51 PM   #12
andrewas
Harper

people just dont understand how to use minsc. a quick lesson:

berserk
improved haste
whirlwind (in ToB)
Vorpal Silver Sword/warblade +4/any other exceedingly large weapon

just stand well back.

anything still alive after minsc dies (or when it all wears off) was clearly a foe to be reckoned with, but should now be easy meat.

there are no RPG couples in BG2, so nobody will leave if you throw someone else out (probably the real reason khalid and dynaheir bought it).

charisma can hold partys together, just keep your rep below 18.
Old 10-20-2001, 10:08 PM   #13
paulisill
Elite Waterdeep Guard

TO MINSC OR NOT TO MINSC...to minsc of course!!! minsc is the man and edwin is way nastier than aerie i have edwin on mine he is just real good! and i would not trade anyone for minsc...the only problem is if you get rid of aerie minsc acts up...and if you keep aerie and korgan then they have problems...
Old 10-21-2001, 12:11 AM   #14
Synthos
Manshoon

The thing with BGII is that the producers obviously wanted better evil characters so the parties wouldn't be all one sided... you could easily find straight classes that were not evil in any respect...
BGII however the best NPCs are evil, Korgan (only good straight fighter), Viconia (only straight cleric)and Edwin (only straight mage).. If you want to stay of good alignment, dump Korgan for Mazzy and Vic for Anomen or Jahiera.. If you want to switch to evil, dump Minsc for Jahiera, and Aerie for Edwin. That's my idea of an ideal party in your case.
Old 10-21-2001, 12:18 AM   #15
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Minsc is cool and unless you're powergaming or playing with an evil party he is a must-have, if you're powergaming you should avoid him because he has bad saving throws due to low Wisdom, if you're evil you should avoid him because he will end up fighting with the only evil NPC mage in the game.