Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2003, 06:22 PM   #1
The Lilarcor
Elminster

What are the rules for the roleplaying forum and lycanthropy?
Old 08-05-2003, 06:32 PM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

The rules for the RP forum are the same as they are everywhere else on IW. They don't cover lycanthropy (actually, Larry does make a mention of it somewhere, reminding us that it's a family forum, but that's the only mention I can think of. *shudders*).
Each game/thread has it's own rules, determined by the creator, common sense and/or the players depending on the situation. If you are thinking of starting your own game, you make the rules. If you want to join another game where it doesn't specifically state if and how lycanthropic characters should be played/created, ask the person who started the thread, or ask the players. Sometimes it'll be allowed, at other times it won't be. Having a decent background for the character explaining what eh is and how, and asking politely before you jump in, are two ways of improving your chances. Have fun [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2003, 09:53 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Take a look at this thread. Compilation of the Founding Rules for this Forum

There, you will see a list of threads that ever contained a rule, in their original post and the date cerated or updated. They are basically rules that govern a person's interactions with other players...and a few rules about what can or can not be posted. Nowhere is there a rule about lycanthropy. If you can dream it up and keep it running, then somebody is bound to wanna play in it. Don't be offended if nobody comes after a day or two. It usually takes a while if you do not already have a group that look for you to do something. Gaining players is like gaining respect. You have to be tried and proven. Then you'll have your cult followers
Old 08-05-2003, 11:27 PM   #4
SecretMaster
Apophis

Yes and with those cult followers you can do all the cult activities, running around a giant fire with a torch in your hand screaming like crazy, drink all the booze you want, play with sharp objects, and have lots of fun.

If your making a werewolf RP, I'll be more than happy to join. I've been really busy, but I'm fitting in time for every RP going on (on other forums also) but It'll be nice to have another RP
Old 08-06-2003, 11:45 AM   #5
The Lilarcor
Elminster

ah, thanks for the info.