Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2004, 03:28 PM   #1
philip
Galvatron

Trying out my site in Mozilla but the javascript doesn't seem to work? Is it supported or do I have to rewrite it so that it can be used by Mozilla? If it's not supported is there an alternative (useable in linux) browser that does support javascript?
Old 07-03-2004, 04:23 PM   #2
aleph_null

Mozilla and its baby brother Firefox both support Java and JavaScript just fine.

In Firefox Tools->Options->Web Features is where either or both of those can be enabled in the Linux and Windows versions. Unsure *where* on Mozilla classic, but I'm quite sure it's supported.

Old 07-03-2004, 04:37 PM   #3
Arvon
Unicorn

Don't know...but I know it's good on pizza.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 07-03-2004, 04:56 PM   #4
philip
Galvatron

Well in Mozilla I found the tab scripts under the preferences option but it has only a few choices:
use js to move or resize windows, raise or lower windows, hide status bar, change status bar text, change images, disable or replace context menus. Obviously what I do in my site isn't in it

Looks like I'll be downloading firefox then.

Or am I missing something? I see mozilla does have a js debugger so I'm going to try that on my site as well.
Old 07-03-2004, 05:04 PM   #5
aleph_null

Frankly, Mozilla's such an elephantine project I'd be stunned and amazed if it didn't support anything...

On FreeBSD I use Konqueror (the KDE default browser) which handles JS well.

Are you talking about the page in your sig? From what I can see, all that you do would be done better and simpler WITHOUT JS. But then, I'm no web designer, and engineers do tend to kill whatever they think isn't needed [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2004, 05:24 PM   #6
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by aleph_null:
Frankly, Mozilla's such an elephantine project I'd be stunned and amazed if it didn't support anything...

On FreeBSD I use Konqueror (the KDE default browser) which handles JS well.

Are you talking about the page in your sig? From what I can see, all that you do would be done better and simpler WITHOUT JS. But then, I'm no web designer, and engineers do tend to kill whatever they think isn't needed [img]smile.gif[/img]
Yep it's the site in my sig. And the only possibilities I have to write it is HTML and JS cause my host doesn't allow other stuff. It's not possible to do those things in HTML so that's why (writing those menus and opening 2 files with 1 link) [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW I think I know what goes wrong, I noticed only parts of the code work. There seems to be a problem with the name of my frames I think. Cause the thing that's not working is the double link to the submenu and the actual site. There are way to many ways to do it and it goes wrong way too many times with proper code :/
(first it was working on my desktop, I uploaded and it didn't work anymore. I changed that now it only works in a few browsers, and it looks like that's not because the browser's outdated or something similar)

Konqueror has the same problem for me, though I haven't changed much in the settings there cause I didn't really like it.

[ 07-03-2004, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: philip ]