Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-05-2004, 08:29 PM   #21
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

If you have to ask the age, then it appears that you will also ask the price. Therefore, you are looking at common stuff, and or replica which is less than common. Which would require a no age check to purchase. Presumably if it's in a shop for sale, then it's legal.

Unless you are spending 1000's, the sword is not real. A replica with a sharpened edge is nothing more than a replica with an edge.

What Lanesra is referring to is the junk market. I fully agree, that crap out to be banned, or at least put out to the Flea market crowd.

Check for Association: http://www.thehaca.com/

Ahh, what a blade: http://www.antiqueswords.com/ew215.htm

A Katana for you: http://www.antiqueswords.com/bq396.htm

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:39 PM   #22
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
Over here In england I think it's anything above 3 inches is illegal in public. Methinks...
[beavis and butthead style] uh huh huh, huh huh huh huh huh, uh huh. Anything longer than three inches is like, a deadly weapon and stuff. Huh huh huh[/beavis and butthead style]
[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2004, 09:22 PM   #23
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

I dunno, Felix, some things that are meant to be purely decorative don't need to cost $7000...I really can't see buying laminated steel for something that you're just going to hang on the wall and never touch for any reason except to keep it shiny (which stainless steel helps with anyway).

But that's just my opinion...I personally wouldn't buy a $7000 authentic Katana unless I was a diehard collector with plenty of money, or I had delusions of being a Highlander....

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 07-05-2004, 09:58 PM   #24
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

I wonder how in the world you buy Steak knives or heck, scissors. You have to take them home, but they're illegal to have outside of the house. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Old 07-05-2004, 10:01 PM   #25
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

The market for in-home forges would skyrocket! I see an investment oppurtunity....:::runs off to buy stock:::

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 07-06-2004, 08:24 AM   #26
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Cienden:
I wonder when they'll ban having rocks and sticks.
Both natural products, unlike swords. Now tell me, can you think of a way we could stop this sort of thing ?

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/06/3...t.killings.ap/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/541982.stm

http://1010wins.com/topstories/winst...166062734.html

http://www.irvineworldnews.com/Astor...albertsons.htm
Old 07-06-2004, 11:57 AM   #27
Aerich
Lord Ao

There's no easy way to stop angry and/or mentally disturbed people from attacking others. Banning swords and knives won't do it; baseball bats and sharp kitchen knives are legal, deadly, AND readily accessible.

About 98% of the people who collect swords and knives are relatively normal and well-adjusted individuals. You just have to worry about the other two percent, whose sword fetish is symptomatic of other problems.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:23 PM   #28
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Yeah, sword ownership is pretty integral to the martial arts I study, so I wouldn't be too keen on giving up my sword because of the irresponsibility of others. However, it's ridiculously easy to buy a sword (which is, after all, a deadly weapon designed for the specific purpose of killing people regardless of how beautiful the craftsmanship may be)here in NZ. I just waltzed into the store (which incidentally is an 'underground' shop that also sells various bongs, pipes and other drug-use paraphernalia [img]smile.gif[/img] ), picked which weapon I wanted, paid, then waltzed out. No questions asked. I don't think that's a particularly good system of sale.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:02 AM   #29
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I can pretty much second all of what Heiro said. Kinda worries one, doesn't it?
Old 07-07-2004, 02:42 AM   #30
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Thanks Lanesra,

I will save these links for future use. The last time we had a good gun debate, I was at a loss for this type of link. I will surely use it next time around.

It's not the weapon, but the person who uses it.

Tanks.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.