Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-01-2004, 11:39 AM   #11
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

I like using minnows. Crappie and Bass love 'em! Hook them through the tail with a small hook. If you're fishing in the evening, I recommend toosing out a few lines baited with chicken livers for catfish. Just tie off the line to a small tree or bush and go on your way for Crappie.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:43 AM   #12
Animal
Gold Dragon

I've never heard of crappie. Is it a regional fresh water fish? Perhaps known under another name?
Old 07-01-2004, 12:12 PM   #13
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I've only heard them called crappie, and they are a freshwater fish. They're here in Kentucky and Iowa, so I dont know how "regional" that would be! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-01-2004, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Dron_Cah ]
Old 07-01-2004, 06:42 PM   #14
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

They look like a Bluegill or Sunfish, but with black dots all over. They're found all over North America in small lake or pond waters. They are considered pan fish. Though they can get fairly large, most are about the size of a large adults hand.
Old 07-01-2004, 06:49 PM   #15
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

they are here in Arkansas as well and annoying little buggers when you are swimming they will bite anything really, just use small bait, and small hooks, live bait works best, but harder to use for suck small fries

[ 07-01-2004, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]
Old 07-01-2004, 09:13 PM   #16
DragonSlayer25
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
Get a worm on the hook, throw it in, grab a glass of beer and wait. It`s a waiting game so I suggest you wait.
The only problem is, I'm 5 years too young for beer! [img]smile.gif[/img]
It\'s like a whole other world<br />Where you can smell the food<br />But you can\'t touch the silverware.<br /><br />[url]\"http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Porkmeister\" target=\"_blank\">http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Porkmeister</a>
Old 07-01-2004, 09:33 PM   #17
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Sorry, when I saw this thread I thoguht it was about poor fishing techniques, which I'm an expert on...Good luck with the crappies, though I'm kind of a catfish man myself...but they eat practically anything...

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 07-02-2004, 12:47 AM   #18
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Hehehehe, thjat reminds of the time a friend's wife wouldnt eat "those nasty bottom feeders." So, of course, we caught "trout" instead. Muhahahahahaha! (She never complained, though)
Old 07-02-2004, 01:18 AM   #19
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

I prefer ultra light gear, 2lb mono, 1/32oz white jig head, and either chartreuse (day), or black (night), 1/2 inch curly tail grub.
I've caught crappie from FL to CA, KS to KY, and a few down in TN. I've never fished the North/NE so don't know. There are actually two variants, a white and a black, but both catch and cook extremly well. The black has a darker apperance, and pronounced spots, slightly smaller. The white has less defined spots, some form broken stripes down the side, slighter longer, noticable from head to dorsal.
Here's a little link for those that have yet to meet a crappie.
http://www.crappie.com/

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.