Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-12-2001, 03:52 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Today, a Mosque with peaceful Islamic worshippers in Richardson, Texas (a Dallas suburb) was attacked and partially destroyed by a group of as-yet unidentified people. Although nothing has been disclosed, authorities believe it to be a direct retaliation attempt for yesterday's attack on the World Trade Center and Washington DC. There have been several injuries (no deaths, thank heavens) and about $35,000 worth of damage to the building.

This is the kind of madness that we MUST guard against. Blind rage, hate, prejudice, and actions taken against Islamics, Muslims, and Middle Easterners for no other reason than they are of the same race as those ALLEGEDLY who caused the attack (remember, we STILL don't know who did it!) For those who chose to attack that mosque today, they are no better than the scum who attacked the Trade Center and the Pentagon yesterday. Just my opinion.

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 03:56 PM   #2
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I agree fully, Saz. We cannot make the entire race responsible for what a few individuals *MAY* have done!! This is EXACTLY what SHOULD NOT be happening!!! Oh no, this is horrible news...

------------------

Kazara

Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-12-2001, 03:57 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I'm afraid it's far from over, Kaz. There's a lot of innocents who are going to pay in blood for what a handful of madmen did. It is monstrous.

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 04:00 PM   #4
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I agree that this is horrible, but it is also horrible that muslims and palestinians(But not ALL muslims and palestinians) the world over CELEBRATED when the WTC was destroyed.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
Old 09-12-2001, 04:04 PM   #5
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Today, a Mosque with peaceful Islamic worshippers in Richardson, Texas (a Dallas suburb) was attacked and partially destroyed by a group of as-yet unidentified people. Although nothing has been disclosed, authorities believe it to be a direct retaliation attempt for yesterday's attack on the World Trade Center and Washington DC. There have been several injuries (no deaths, thank heavens) and about $35,000 worth of damage to the building.

This is the kind of madness that we MUST guard against. Blind rage, hate, prejudice, and actions taken against Islamics, Muslims, and Middle Easterners for no other reason than they are of the same race as those ALLEGEDLY who caused the attack (remember, we STILL don't know who did it!) For those who chose to attack that mosque today, they are no better than the scum who attacked the Trade Center and the Pentagon yesterday. Just my opinion.

This is terrible, I was worried things like this would happen Thoughtless retaliation is just going to make the whole situation worse. And the half-wits that attacked the mosque are indeed no better than the terrorists that caused all the suffering yesterday.

Old 09-12-2001, 04:04 PM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Ack I was hoping that type of thing would not happen. Such violence 1) is uncalled for because these people are innocent and had nothing to do with the attack on the WTC and Pentagon, and 2) is useless because the group that IS guilty is still out there. Trying to take revenge out on innocent people is retarded, and gets us nowhere as Americans. These people who did that are no better than the filth that attacked us yesterday. I know that on the radio today, I heard several callers saying how they are afraid to let their children go back to school, because of just this type of thing.

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 04:10 PM   #7
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
For those who chose to attack that mosque today, they are no better than the scum who attacked the Trade Center and the Pentagon yesterday. Just my opinion.

My opinion as well.
Old 09-12-2001, 04:11 PM   #8
G'kar

Quote:
I'm afraid it's far from over, Kaz. There's a lot of innocents who are going to pay in blood for what a handful of madmen did. It is monstrous.

I can only pray for peace, and hope others do the same.

Old 09-12-2001, 04:14 PM   #9
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
One thing leads to another..

We do need to stop this, the goverment will find out who did this and make them pay, it is not in syvlans hands..

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

The ranger looked at the place out side of the elven town near the river, he looked near the rocks, then they showed the way ....

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Currently in service for the Red Wizards
Old 09-12-2001, 04:17 PM   #10
Moni

Leave it to those damn rowdy Texans to start something like this.

I haven't heard anything on that happening yet...you think it would have made the local news at least.

Our local news stations have even been pre-empting the national coverage for local and state-wide tidbits. That's odd that they would hush something like that happening and not make an effort to get people to chill before it ges out of hand.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!