Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 05-22-2006, 05:03 PM   #1
rah_pillage
Dungeon Master

Gamespot had a couple Obsidian guys in the booth at E3 doing an interview about NWN2 they brought what looks to be a demo that theyr'e showing parts of. Looks like an awesome character creation process and the interface looks like a mixture of WoW and other RPGs but the characters and the environment looked stunning.

They're also talking about the tool set and how you can make your own spells with it. Said they're going to release a beta of the toolset before the game ships.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6151435/p-4.html

Go down to the Editors Choice "Neverwinter Nights 2 (PC)" and click the "watch it now" link to launch the video interview.

In the video window that pops up, make sure you have a look at the other video interviews with the Obsidian CEO (they're on the right hand side of the video window):
Neverwinter Nights 2 Official Movie 1

[ 05-22-2006, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: rah_pillage ]
Old 06-02-2006, 01:55 PM   #2
SHO-VA
Elite Waterdeep Guard

new screens on the link Below.. overall not really impressed.

1st is of a party battle against some humaniod. perhaps its a npc type, or even a goblin in armor. the mage cast animation (ray of frost?)looks good.However the mage looks way to much like michael jackson.. guess they wanted him to be "Bad" or something. (could be this guy is a monk, and that was his stunning fist attack.. dont really know) The summoned animal looks much better than its counter part in NWN. Yet the feet/paws look a bit funky.. Next comes mr chainmail. dont care for his stance, but his chain looks pretty good. His sword has a interesting hilt. Last is the first look at a female char. she appears to be casting, and if those are just vis effects from the casting process, could be pretty cool. Her clothing is the best thing in my opinon, where it looks like they finaly got some decent remale clothing in the game. Have to wonder if her hands are scaled for a female, they look a bit big to me.
for the area, great, the stairs look much better than NWN. the placeables look good too, and the light from the candle looks very realistic.
overall.. SO.SO..
screen #2
this one actualy showes alot. the minimap is pictured. its a circle map rather than square. It appears to be sizable, there is a + and - buttons on it. it also gives a set North. Next we have a dwarf? gnome? guy with short sword, best thing is we can see a new camera angle, that looks pretty good. next is a attacking wolf. the wolf has some type of vis effect on its paw.. going to say now that that is just stupid. unless its a monk wolf with stunning paw.. the wolf looks pretty good otherwise. we allso see apart of another char at the right, however, im going to assume that its the left arm we see, and it looks like the hand is on the wrong arm.. finally we get our first glimps of the new portraits..they absolutly suck. we can also see the game play buttons at the bottom. those must be spell icons, my guess is wall of fire, bolts of fire, lightning and cromatic orb.. the spell bar has a up down buttons, so looks like we get lots of spell slot screens [img]smile.gif[/img]
overall.. bearly adaquate..

Screen 3 appears to be of #1, just a bit further along in that battle. we see that its a dwarf/gnome being attacked by the party. this guy appears to be casting displacement/mirror image? very cool. the michael jackson looks more like a monk here, getting ready to punch the dwarf. the chainmail guy, appearently discovered he could do magic.. but again he is in the same stance.. maybe dwarf hit him with hold person? girl appearently decieded to try elsewhere for adventure. dog may have been caught trying to join her.

overall.. SO-SO.. if is wasnt for the displacement/mirror image thing, it would have been crap.

Screen 4

Same battle further along, and from new angle.

girl came back, with the dog. looks like she is casting again, must be Obsidions new spell create Dance floor... Michael jackson looks to be taking advantage here, and is going to moon-walk for us. Chain guy got a new stance, but looks like that sword is to heavy for him.. dwarf looks like he just cast levitate, as his feet are not on the ground.. the wolf looks like its going to bite michael in the butt.. notice that none of them are looking at each other let alone who they are fighting. there also seems to be glitter dropping from the ceiling.. maybe its martigra...
shot gives better look at the room. stairs look fantastic. as does the table in the background.
overall.. CRAP

Screen 4.
outside. looks like mikes back taking on 1-3 dwarves now. also looks like he is a mage, rather than monk, as that looks alot like color spray he is casting. lot of gore flying around from some unknown place in this one. also girl in the back ground shows another female outfit, best part of pic. the buildings, and terrain all look good.

overall SO-SO..
Old 06-02-2006, 02:00 PM   #3
SHO-VA
Elite Waterdeep Guard

forgot link..

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/never...ex.html?q=NWN2
Old 06-02-2006, 02:44 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Look at this screenshot, and tell me the interface graphics (especially the avatar boxes) look like a 4 year old drew them? Looks VERY unprofessional. NWN1's was awesome, and was much less intrusive.

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/ima..._screen002.jpg

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 03:05 PM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah, the interface doesn't look too nice, but it wouldn't be the first time I see preview screenshots using a placeholder interface.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:10 PM   #6
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Interface probably scales.

Are they ever going to get back around to making another true party game like BG I wonder? I miss those Computer AI NPCs.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:13 PM   #7
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Gah! No 3D portraits! Keep the old artwork style
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 12:15 AM   #8
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

The interface looks WOWish... I don't like it
Old 06-03-2006, 03:01 AM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
Yeah, the interface doesn't look too nice, but it wouldn't be the first time I see preview screenshots using a placeholder interface.
That is what I posted over at the NWN2 forums.. I asked if it was placeholder graphics.. [img]smile.gif[/img] I hope so. BUT, since it's XML, I can remake it TO look professional--and many others will make nice ones too. like skins.. (Like WOW does kinda).

I REALLY miss the portraits though. Those avatar heads look like shit.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:59 AM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah those little avatar are horrible. I too miss portraits. There are games I couldn't get in because I didn't like the portraits, it's an important part for me.