Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Laughing Out Loud Kakero!!!!! (or whoever knows Japanese)

Hey Kakero!

(Anyone who knows Japanese could help me here as well!)

Sorry for posting this here but you can't receive PMs for some reason.

Anyway, there is this small text in Japanese that I need translated. Mostly Kanji. Could anyone help here?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...nesekanji.jpg/

Another thing, does anyone know a website that can translate Kanji-English for people who don't know Kanji.
I can use google translate or other Japanese-English dictionaries, but only if the text is in hiragana/katakana so I can type it myself. Alternatively if the kanji is on a website I can copy/past it and this works as well.
But... if it's in a picture (like the case above) or printed text then I have absolutely no idea how to type the kanji characters.

If there is a website that helps/explains how to do this I'd be really grateful... (alternatively I'd just have to wait for a few months (years?) till I learn the kanji basics at least).

Big thanks in advance.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:02 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: Kakero!!!!! (or whoever knows Japanese)

Could have swear I've translated the same thing before.

"Baseball game time have been extended"

Kanji = Chinese words. So just use chinese to english translation website (like babelfish) to translate kanji.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:35 AM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Default Re: Kakero!!!!! (or whoever knows Japanese)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakero View Post
Could have swear I've translated the same thing before.

"Baseball game time have been extended"

Kanji = Chinese words. So just use chinese to english translation website (like babelfish) to translate kanji.
Yes indeed you did.

I found the old post and was wondering if it's the same thing, but the link in the old post was broken so couldn't check.

I can use translation websites like babelfish or google-translate (both chinese and japanese usually take care of kanji). The problem for me is actually typing the kanji characters. If it's taken from a website I can just copy and paste them. But if it's from a video, like the image above, or a printed text (that does include furigana) then I have no idea how to type them.

I know how to set up windows to switch to japanese keyborad, but have no idea how to use it (found a virtual keyboard for kanas though, so as I can type those at least)...

Big thanks once again for the translation

Last edited by ZFR; 05-04-2012 at 06:55 AM.
ZFR is offline   Reply With Quote