Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 02-05-2001, 05:19 AM   #1
Morninglord

Well, I have two questions. The first is, how the heck do I assign spells to quick slots (quick keys, on the keyboard...), if there is any? And secondly, in the dungeons (can't remember what level..) I am currently at a place where one has obtained three statues, one of gold, one of silver, and one of bronze. Now, the riddle in the room with the clock doesn't SEEM so hard, and I've tried placing those statues as best I can on the numbers that I deem correct, but obvioulsy I am doing something wrong. What shall I do? It says "Three brothers were born, from the richest to the poorest. The zenith was the origin". I interpret this as that I shall put the golden statue on "12" on the clock on the floor. Then it says "The second is equal to the other two", and it is THIS one that I think is a bit cryptical, but I have tried to put it everywhere, to no avail =( The last one says "The last one is equal to the number of brothers", and I interpret this as that I shall put the bronze statue on the number "3". I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-06-2001, 08:07 AM   #2
20mithrandir

First of all excuse my bad english.

You can assign spells to Hotkeys ( 1-8 ) this way:
- Open your spell list.
- Click on the number ( 1-8 ) you want to assign a spell - in the spell-box "no spell assigned" or something like that should appear
- Hold shift-key and click on the spell you want to assign - the spell should appear in the spell-box
- During the game press Hotkey ( 1-8 ) and the spell appears in the spell-box automatically - that means

Your question to the three statues has been answered million times - if you want a spoiler search this forum. But here's a little Tip for you: What does the floor look like? Where do we see this III, VI, IX, XII every day? BTW: What's the time?
Think about it. Ask back if you need further assistance.
Old 02-06-2001, 05:10 PM   #3
Morninglord

Thankyou very much for the tips on the spell slots (my game is cracked, and thus I have no manual...).

As for the statue question, I apologize that I asked a question that has obviously been asked a lot of times before. Anyway, of course I understand that it is supposed to symbolize a clock, and of course I know the roman characters for numbers, but I still don't know exactly on *what* numbers I shall put the statues... as I wrote in my message above, "zenith" have to be 12, since that is when the sun always is at zenith at the equator. Then again it also says "The first is one week old", and I don't understand how one is supposed to integrate that to a clock =/ I'll check around on this forum a while for the answers that was provided earlier to this question anyway. Thanks again for your help.
Old 02-06-2001, 05:14 PM   #4
Morninglord

Having read another post about this matter, I realized just what was missing in my thinking, - I was thinking too much in hours, not realizing that the numbers could obviously represent days aswell (as is the case of the first statuette).

Oh well, I'm logging off and continuing playing now =)