Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 05-07-2002, 07:22 AM   #1
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Keep the spolier tag on if its "to" revealing.

I will help the warrior classes out there to get suited up and ready for battle as quickly as possible. Within an hour of start time I can have you battle ready.

As soon as your free to go and your papers are signed proceed to Pelaqiad. You must work your way to the south wall. There you will find Shadbak gra-Burbug. The table full of goodies is yours for the taking...but you must do it while no one is around. Be sure to empty the crates also. By the time you come out of this section you should be class 9 with an Imperial sword ready to go. Good luck Warriors!!!
Old 05-07-2002, 11:06 AM   #2
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

*spoiler*

Head to Caldera as soon as you can survive an attack from cliff racers easily; theyre not the hardest thing in the way but they are the name i recall -p
Anyhow, once in Caldera, follow the road north a little and then left till you find the caldera mining facility.
it has a LOT of ebony ore in the mine, just steal it all and youll have enough to buy a nice weapon and some armor as well as train a few skills. think theres about 40 pieces of it at 200 value each.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 11:31 AM   #3
Himura
Elite Waterdeep Guard

no spoiler, just a tip,

I have found out that, whether you play melee or magic character, if you can summon, always summon when you not fighting in town. The summoned creatures are most helpful when fighting rough enemies, and always kept them away from you if you need to run. Its perfect for range character (descrution based mage, or archer alike) since the enemy will be fighting your summoned creature while you just fire away.

Its like play Necro or Mage in EQ if you know what I mean, lol
Old 05-07-2002, 12:22 PM   #4
vesselle
Hathor

~~tips for starting stealthy, roguey types~~

hit "capslock" for always run

to increase acrobatics/athletics, don't walk around town to explore, swim around it.
~pick a direction, say North and go for it
~you get practice killing slaughterfish and mudcrabs.
~there's lots of islands and a lot of shoreline to explore!

then on your way back
~you can run and jump, instead of swimming, all over the rocks on the shoreline
~look for more mudcrabs and rats and those maggoty looking things that live on land.

while you do all this, besides talking to whomever you meet, collect all the plant & animal collectibles you can find. sell them for a few coins when you get back to town.

when in the town, stay up high! jump from roof to roof, rock to rock.

when you're on the ground, hug the bldgs and practice your sneak!

you will find tombs and doors when you explore this way, so make sure you enter the doorway, even if you don't decide to attack whatever's in there. that way, it gets marked on your map!

V***V

Old 05-07-2002, 09:09 PM   #5
Medieval Dead
Dungeon Master

SWORD FIGHTING TIPS : When you first enter combat, do small quick swings until you land a hit and THEN RIGHT AFTER THAT HIT do a full swing. Everytime you hit a monster they are stunned for a second so you can use that second to cock back your sword longer and do more damage. Try moving around from side to side as well, don't just stand there, swinging away like it's Diablo. I've noticed that the stabbing action (move forward or backwards while swinging) does a lot of damage and makes a nice killing blow.

BOW/ARROW SHOOTING : I've learned the hard way NOT to use a bow in close quarters unless you are backpedaling. Also if you are trying to hit something far away, aim just a little higher than usual. Sometimes you can take down creatures before they even get to you.
Medieval Dead is offline   Reply With Quote