Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 09-02-2005, 11:09 PM   #1
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Ok, this is about the Clone Wars animated program airing on cartoon network:
The Good:
Kickass premise: Short 3 minute clips of CRAZY action between all the SW players (jedi, clone troopers, etc).
Intensity: Pure. Star Wars. Battle.
Fills in the blanks.

The Bad:
Animation Style: I personally hate this style of anime, but I know people who love it.
Voice acting is pretty bad.
Sometimes completely ludicrous fighting.

Please comment on the show and the review, I want to know what people think of it.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 11:42 AM   #2
Thoran
Galvatron

I assume this is the same one they were playing a while back (last year?) They were basically commercial length shorts that kind of strung together into a story?

If it is the same one... I didn't like it. Some of the shorts were good taken as themselves... but they spent too much time on plot items that flowed between 3 minute spots, so each individual spot was annoyingly abrupt and incomplete... but then when I saw a bunch of them strung together they appeared disjointed because they didn't flow together that well.

Just the way it seemed to me... I think they should have either gotten better writers to make individual standalone shorts that were tight (very difficult to do in 3 minutes), OR they should have made a full 30 minute or hour episode and dropped the gimmicky 3 minute thing.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 04:47 PM   #3
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Well, I guess the one's I saw had no plot (Wace Windu beating the crap out of droids, and Anakin doing a crazy starfighter battle). I agree with your statement that the plot bits don't really work, and that 3minutes is abit short for an episode.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote