Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2000, 11:02 PM   #1
malus

I've noticed on the message board that there seems to be 2 side quests per female romantic interest.
For example, Jaheira has the "Curse of Ployer" and "Harpers - to Be or Not to Be" side quests.
Someone else mentioned a sidequest for Aerie involving tracking down the slavers who originally captured her. There is also the possibility of fighting the duel with Haer'Dalis to win her hand as well (but I don't consider that a true second special event, as it is highly dependant on taking Haer'D into the group).

I haven't heard anyone mention anything about our favorite evil Drow Cleric/Babe.
In my current game, I took on Viconia as a love interest with a LE human male kensai, dual classed to wizard.
I've ran into 2 special events for her so far.
The first one was fighting off an assault from minions of Lolth in the Underdark (a Yochlol and a female Drow priestess). There was plenty of warning from Viconia about this, as from time to time she would mention that she felt that a "dark, evil presence" (Lolth) was actively searching for her. Defeating these minions of Lolth was fairly easy, but Viconia will mention her concern that she will be continually hunted by Lolth until she is dead or captured.
After a while, Viconia forcibly breaks off the relationship after leaving the Underdark no matter what your PC says to her (and this was even after the PC sticks up for her to the Elven wargroup). Relationship over? Not a chance.
The second special event also seems scripted to occur no matter what. When I entered the graveyard district to confront Bodhi and recover a certain item, Viconia is kidnapped by Bodhi with no chance for the PC to do anything about it (ala a cutscene). When I finally was able to confront Bodhi in her lair, Viconia is with her as a partially turned vampire under Bodhi's mental domination. The PC is forced into killing her in self-defense. However, this spawned a whole mini-quest involving finding a way to remove the taint of Vampirism and bringing her back from the dead (no, a raise dead spell is not how this is done). After successfully completing this task, it would seem that Viconia reconsiders her decision to break up, and the relationship is back on again. WooHoo!

Anyway, sorry for the long-winded post, but I haven't played any game yet trying to do a long-haul relationship with Aerie or Jaheira, so I was curious as to which special events happen with both of them.

Malus

Old 11-02-2000, 12:32 AM   #2
Sir Rich

About Bodhi in the Graveyard district, she'll take who ever you're activly in love with at that point, whether it's Aerie, Jahera, Viconnia, or Aomoen.

Old 11-02-2000, 07:16 AM   #3
IRAKZAI

Are you saying there is the possibilty of a "Gay Relationship" with Aomoen, I'm out of here, I have faced the Devils of Hell and survived but there is no way I am going on some "Gay Mardi Gra" sub quest with Aomoen the could have been, might have been but never has been half baked Paladeen Queen.

Thank the GODS for the "Protection from Phallic Objects" spell. You can just here it now every one down at the "Radient Heart" night club will be saying "Bums to the wall Aomoen is in the hall".

Irakzai the Dark.

Old 11-02-2000, 08:15 AM   #4
Larr2

No, dodo...Anomen is a romance quest if your main char. is a WOMAN...duh

Old 11-02-2000, 09:19 AM   #5
IRAKZAI

But are you Realy, Realy certain of this, with a name like Aomoen, how can you be so sure.

I say never trust someone that wants to be a paladin. You never know where they have been.

"""For christ sake, Mr Larr2 have you never heard of the expression "taking the piss"! this is what I was doing in my last commment, it is somthing we do here in Australia when we are having fun at someone else's exspense, but I geuss you just don't have the capacity to understand.""" (And they say the Irish are dumb) Double DUH!

Old 11-02-2000, 10:16 AM   #6
lordkymil

I think the term "paying him out" does just as well here in Australia, does it not?

Old 11-03-2000, 06:49 AM   #7
IRAKZAI

Yes "paying him out" is another way of saying it.

I used the term "taking the piss" because it had recently been used in an article in the "Sydney Morning Herald" written by an English journalist who was explaining to an American journalist what the Australian sense of humor was like and that being called a "whinging Yank" was actually a freindly gesture. The English journalist concluded by saying that if you don't like Australia then don't go there. I live here so my opinion is biased.

Maybe I should suggest to my lesbian housemates that they should dress up as gay Paladin's at next year's gay mardi gra. They are into butch stuff like that and it would make a change from the dyke's on bike's, you could call it Paladin's on Pony's.

Old 11-05-2000, 05:15 AM   #8
Armisael

Hahahaha! HAHAHAHA! Ah, the paladins of the world have been asking for that for a long time. Paying him out? Haven't heard that in ages. I don't know what that English journalist was on, but if 'whinging yank' is a compliment, I've been paying a lot more respect to Americans over the years than I should have been.

Old 11-17-2000, 02:58 PM   #9
GIZMO

Can you have all female romance subplots running at the same time.

e.g. Viconia, Jaheira, Aerie