Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 09-18-2005, 08:38 AM   #11
Stratos
Vampire

Yes, you're able to romance the babes in the game as a Malkavian. Even Jeanette. Or perhpas especially Jeanette considering she's a Malkavian too.

As for getting it on with her, I believe it has more to do with how you solve certain quests rather than you Seduction skill.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:24 PM   #12
the mighty stamar

I dont still play bloodlines but it is a great game

for $10 thats a steal. Ya its so weird, dungeonlords outsold vampire bloodlines by many times and almost everyone hated it.

Vampire bloodlines is longer, looks much better, has way more content is way more complete, way more advanced. I give it about a 90, the only crpg i can think of in the last few years i played that was better was gothic 2

Its just a million times better than dungeon lords i dunno if that says that much.

And yes, all the races get one line of dialog and the malkavians get more. Its kind of weird even to put that much content into just one of the races.

When you get to the haunted beach house youll trip out. Unfortunately, that is the best part of the game and you get it early. But the whole thing is pretty cool.
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 06:49 AM   #13
Stratos
Vampire

I never understood why people found the haunted house so scary. Sure, it was well done but I hardly wet my pants while investigating it.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:41 AM   #14
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
I never understood why people found the haunted house so scary. Sure, it was well done but I hardly wet my pants while investigating it.
I agree. The basement is probably the creepiest, but you've got to have some eye for detail. For instance: I only noticed that the killer is hiding in the boiler room with an axe during my fourth run through the game (I'm not obsessed: just a chronic restarter [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) Also, the 'Get Out' that gets carved into the wall, very nicely done. Unfortunately, after having gone through it once, the Ocean Hotel gets tedious and boring due to the lack of action. I played through it last week, in the middle of the night with all the lights out and the volume all the way up. Didn't help.

[ 09-21-2005, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:27 PM   #15
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Just started playing a few days ago (also picked it up pretty cheap), first character is a malkavian and yes it is... very interesting
Loving the game so far.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:41 AM   #16
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Another question: how to raise your melee skill? (short of putting points in it, I mean) I mean.. there are plenty of ways to up your Ranged feat. There are two cheap manuals in Santa Monica alone, and the graveyardkeeper in Hollywood offers it as an alternative reward to the quest he gives you. Opposed to that, I only found one Melee manual in the game. What's up with that? Also, is it possible to get your hands on a sword before Chinatown? They're pretty awesome, but don't get introduced 'till you're close to the end.

[ 09-24-2005, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]
Old 09-24-2005, 12:42 PM   #17
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Maybe they appear random, but if my memory isn't decaying already, i believe i picked up a sword at Fat Larry's once.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:25 AM   #18
J'aran
Mephistopheles

I don't think anything is random in this game. The way I believe it works with weapons is that you have to be at a certain point in the game to be able to buy certain weapons, i.e. Chinatown has to be unlocked on the city map before you can buy a sword, but once it is, they become "retroactively" available from all the weapons dealers. So you can buy swords from Fat Larry, but not when you first get Downtown, you have to be able to travel to Chinatown.

And those manuals, well, that's just the way it is. But those firearms and computer manuals you buy from the pawn shop can only increase your skills up to the second 'point', so they are worth only 6 XP (or even just 3, if you already had the first point). The melee manual can give you the fouth point in that skill IIRC, which is worth 9 XP. If you look at it that way it isn't that bad a deal.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 06:14 AM   #19
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Good point. [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks guys. It is a shame though.. butchering the Tong with my shiny new blade in that Chinatown nightclub was one of the hights of my game.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:47 AM   #20
Stratos
Vampire

There's an even better sword available than the one you buy in Chinatown. It has something like a double rate of attack.