Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2004, 12:07 AM   #1
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Well, I think it's safe to say that's a record, boys & girls [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Three optimizations this trip caused a nontrivial time gain:

1) Vanishing into Erathsmedor's room: Shove your nose right up against the big iron door & cast Vanish, kill the big guy & get the sword.

2) Portal in Collassium: Until now, Collassium has always been the big time bottleneck -- this time it only took 5:30! I put a portal at the start of the spinning door, and stuck the second glowstone in as soon as I exited the East end of spinny, such that I could Teleport back to the West side as soon as I got the 2nd Tablet, go straight North for the 3rd, and then Teleport back again to exit from the palace front door.

3) Kerah: You can whack her as soon as she gives the "Tell me thy bidding" line & fires at you. You can then give her the Holy Water, and run out as soon as the fires disappear. No need to wait for her to talk, or even for Cet to fully disappear.

Start Time 2321 EST, End Time (Cet's death) 2344.

If you want to call End Time after Anephas & Kerah gossip like schoolgirls, then add another 3:30 or so to that time.

Still decent. [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 03:46 AM   #2
dragon2005
The Magister

good for you it is a record indead.

i am playing 9 weeks and did not get to the Collassium .
dragon2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 07:33 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Congrats!!!

Lol!! Always amazes me that someone can zip through the game so quickly!!
[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2004, 08:49 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Impressive! [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]

There's definitely a difference between a speed game and a regular game. I can never seem to make a speed game work... I always get caught up in the quests and everything else. Must be my obsessive-compulsive nature [img]smile.gif[/img]

Updates on my current game will be coming shortly. Not much news, but some sadness occurred. *sniff*

Now, the only question is... can you do better?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 12:25 PM   #5
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Now, the only question is... can you do better?
Using a character with Mercury's Heel and/or Faery Wings (assuming they're not identical; haven't made a decent test) might shave off 30 seconds running through the wilderness.

If I could Vanish into the Mavin room rather than Erathsmedor's room, that would save the time killing him -- really negligible with the number of Meteorstorms that I throw at the guy [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Portals / Teleportation in Cet's House would be nice, but not really a huge win.

There must be a faster way to do Collassium ......
Old 12-13-2004, 04:17 PM   #6
jsalsb
Elminster

Wow. Wow. Wow. Fast. Wow.

2 questions. How long did the Cet fight itself take? 'Cause it seems to take me forever to whack him. And second, do things go faster if you set the game graphics to their lowest settings? Or does the graphics card you have overpower the game anyhow.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:35 PM   #7
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
How long did the Cet fight itself take?
10 - 12 seconds. I used the time while Kerah & Cet were chatting to cast a bunch of buff spells (namely Lavawalk, Invisible, Frenzy, Heroic Might, Bloodlust, Haste, and Nimble). Keep in mind this character -- it was actually that solo Pixie caster, Radek -- was a trait collector, so had all the damage enhancing traits, plus Lvl 14 Gallantry, plus Backstab while invisible.

Even the Mavin was going for between 150 and 200 damage.

Quote:
And second, do things go faster if you set the game graphics to their lowest settings? Or does the graphics card you have overpower the game anyhow.
Graphics card overpowers [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Longest wait is 4 - 5 seconds for entering & exiting towns.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:00 AM   #8
jsalsb
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by aleph_null1:
10 - 12 seconds. I used the time while Kerah & Cet were chatting to cast a bunch of buff spells (namely Lavawalk, Invisible, Frenzy, Heroic Might, Bloodlust, Haste, and Nimble).
Do you mean that you cast all your buffs while Cet is cursing Kerah, then you cure her with the holy water, run down to Cet's chamber and whack him in time for the buff spells to be still active? 'Cuz that's fast!
Old 12-14-2004, 06:45 PM   #9
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Level 16 Sorcery buffs (Chi Master + Enlightenment) last a long time [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2004, 06:52 PM   #10
jsalsb
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by aleph_null1:
Graphics card overpowers [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Longest wait is 4 - 5 seconds for entering & exiting towns.
I've been playing on a laptop for the past 2 years, and before that a 16 meg video card. So I've never experienced the pinnacle of graphics - at least twice your wait for entering towns.