Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 03-18-2003, 05:27 AM   #1
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I was told that TotL had been out for ages, but i can't find it anywhere, and the only download I could find would have taken six hours.
So I am really annoyed now.
Does anyone know where I can get it?
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:37 AM   #2
Lymond
Manshoon

I downloaded it twice. I don't remember the first site, but the second time was from a link through Planet Baldur's Gate. It was going to be a six hour download from home, so I did it at work and got the IT guy to burn it to a disc.

The reason I downloaded it a second time is that the first download was corrupted. The second file was larger, but it also said it was corrupted. Has anyone else had this problem? Am I doing something wrong?

Lymond
Old 03-18-2003, 10:47 AM   #3
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Six hours?
they expect me to sit there satring at a computor for six hours?
gotta be joking. [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Old 03-18-2003, 11:06 AM   #4
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

No, just get up in the morning, start the download, go do what you normally do, work, school etc. When you come back it should be finished.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 12:21 PM   #5
Lymond
Manshoon

I think there was another option where they send you a cd. I don't know if that option is still active, and it probably involves a nominal shipping charge, but it was on the Planet Baldur's Gate site.

Pritchke- do you think I'm doing something wrong, where two downloads have been corrupted, or is it just bad luck? I remember reading a review of TOLM and the guy said something about reinstalling IWD and TOLM. Do you have to do that?
Old 03-18-2003, 12:44 PM   #6
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Yes the CD option is available. You can either get them to burn a CD or download it. Not sure how long it will take to get the CD but it will probaly cost $10.00.
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/60000/62184.shtml

It could be just bad luck, I know I have been cut off a few times when I was downloading with dial up over a year ago. It took several attempts to download without being corrupted. I don't have that problem in downloading with cable. You may wish to reinstall everything as TotLM gives the latest patch before ordering the CD to see if that works. When you uninstall everything it will keep your saves and characters but I would store my saves somewhere else as the saves may not work with TotLM but I am not sure about that.

[ 03-18-2003, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 12:18 AM   #7
MasterPooBaa
Zhentarim Guard

YES! twice i downloaded TOTL from an australian server, twice it took 7 frootin hours, and twice it was corrupted and unreadable. Next time i leeched it off a US server, and it worked fine *GRUMBLES*
Old 03-19-2003, 05:23 AM   #8
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

So I've gotta wait for six hours then?
Hooray.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke