Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2001, 06:48 PM   #1
DUDEmojo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Every time I try to install Throne of Bhaal, it gets to about 80%, and it says "Please insert disk 0 that contains data#.cab" Does this happen to anyone else?
# = the number that it says, first 3 then up to 6. So I tried putting in different Baldur's gate II disks, and they all worked. (data3.cab = disk 2, data4.cab = disk 3, data5.cab = disk 4). Then I got to 6, and none of the disks worked! I'm still trying to find all these "data.cab" files, and i can't find 6. I'm pretty sure nothing is wrong with my computer or CD-ROM drive because all the other CD's worked. Someone please help!!

Thanks.

DUDEmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 07:56 PM   #2
Leonidas
Dungeon Master

Welcome to the board!!!

You probably need to post a little more info -
1. Which Windows you are using (95, 98, ME, etc.)
2. If you have installed any 3rd party patches or additions.

A thread you might want to check out is:

http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/No...ML/000083.html

It discusses some install problems.

You might just want to uninstall ToB and SoA and re-install. Be sure to copy your save games to another folder first, as insurance. Good luck!

------------------
Be careful! I think it's a tr...
Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 12:59 AM   #3
DUDEmojo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have Windows 98. The only patch I had for BG2 was the official one.
Old 07-02-2001, 05:02 PM   #4
DUDEmojo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Can anyone help?
Old 07-02-2001, 05:15 PM   #5
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

It sounds as if your best bet is to do a complete uninstall and reinstall of SoA/ToB. It sounds as if you are supposed to have some files somewhere that you don't.

That would be my recommendation, although you could also try over at the BlackIsle/Bioware forums. http://www.blackisle.com

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Throntar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 12:58 AM   #6
DUDEmojo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I tried that a bunch of times and it didn't work. I've tried almost everything, I even got a new CD. I appreciate your help you
Old 07-04-2001, 12:53 PM   #7
Leonidas
Dungeon Master

Hey, DUDE, will it uninstall at all? If so, try something a bit more drastic... Uninstall ToB/SoA, run regclean (you can get it from the Microsoft website, or I can e-mail it to you, if you don't already have it). Then, backup your saves to somewhere else, and delete all the folders that have anything to do with ToB/SoA. Run Regclean again, and then defrag your drive. This should cause your machine to overwrite much of what you just deleted. Shut down your machine completely, then turn it back on. Once it is back up, shut down everything running on your machine except explorer and systray (even disable Task Scheduler), using the ctrl-alt-del key combination to bring up Task Manager to shut off anything you can't from the tray or program menu.

Once you get everything shut down, re-install SoA, then the official patch. Shut down/restart, shut down all active tasks again, and install ToB. Good Luck!

------------------
Be careful! I think it's a tr...
Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 01:39 AM   #8
DUDEmojo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, I did the regedit stuff, and manually uninstalled everything. I tried to install ToB again, I got it to startup, but again it got to about 50%, and I got that error. I think I'm going to defrag, and do all that neat stuff and see what happens. Thanks for your help