Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2006, 01:55 PM   #31
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

[img]smile.gif[/img] , I do wonder sometimes when someone with an old FX card or (yes, I have seen this) -- a TNT Riva card, and complaining why they can't run Oblivion! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

TNT?!?!?!? lol!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:02 PM   #32
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
[img]smile.gif[/img] , I do wonder sometimes when someone with an old FX card or (yes, I have seen this) -- a TNT Riva card, and complaining why they can't run Oblivion! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

TNT?!?!?!? lol!
They're hiding from reality? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

See the updates to previous post. Your 6800 SHOULD be able to run the game fine - might need to tweak the video settings a bit and install the driver update though.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:41 PM   #33
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Cool, yeah I'll try it. Once they fix the camera and the AI and optimize the game a bit, I'm sure it'll be much smoother.

BTW, someone already created some new UI mods -- mini inventory box, and such. It's awesome they made the GUI XML.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 03:09 PM   #34
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Cool, yeah I'll try it. Once they fix the camera and the AI and optimize the game a bit, I'm sure it'll be much smoother.

BTW, someone already created some new UI mods -- mini inventory box, and such. It's awesome they made the GUI XML.
The camera isn't all THAT bad - it just seems to be a little less stable than the NWN 1 camera view was. If you stick with the overhead view it's actually VERY playable. The chase camera - well, not so much ..... lol

I've heard that there are some fixes in the work for the UI, the quick slots and a couple of other pulldown menus. They probably SHOULD have done all this before release BUT at least they recognize the issue and are fixing it. Unlike ToEE where the designers just said, "F... it, the game worked for US. Deal with it."

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 03:28 PM   #35
Zebodog

I went out an bought a new 22" Widescreen LCD, thinking that I would need to update my GFX from my 6800GS to run NWN2 at 1680 X 1050.

I was wrong. Running between 20-30fps (depending on camera angle etc...) with all settings on high, water reflections/textures off, and shadows on low.

After a little play time I find the camera to be fine: it just took some getting used to much the same as the original NWN did. The AI is still questionable at times, but still better than the BG/BG2 AI. Sure you have to issue the "follow me" command every once in a while, but did you expect for your companions to follow you around like puppy dogs? People need direction.
*Disclaimer: If this thread, or a link within this thread leads you to follow advice that crashes/explodes/burns down or any way damages your system or causes personal stress or hardship, I am in no way responsible for any problems.*
Zebodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 03:35 PM   #36
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

The chase camera is more like the elusive camera. It never seems to settle down. Agreed about the smoothness overall, NWN 1 was far smoother and less picky. A few adjustments and it was fixed. Driving mode is what I use and it isn't perfect but the rotation in any other mode coupled with objects getting in the way (even with Object Fade on) drives me nuts.

I've ran the game on both a 6800 gt and a 7600 gt and it still has major slowdown for no valid reason in certain places/situations. The 6800 is a good card and yet it sometime gets slowed to a crawl with practically settings on low - even though it appears on the "recommended" cards section. I hate to think how the 98 pro or any card showing up in the middle runs the game. As for the bottom section with the 6200 and fx 5550 cards i'd wager it would be nightmare.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #37
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:

Yeah, saw these a few days ago and it's about time. I was wondering where all the UI moddders were for the first week. They also modified the OC so as to make it tolerable in multiplayer. I am kind of waiting for this one too.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #38
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Well, I'm happy I can run the game at 8-12fps - it's tolerable, and only slows down indoors.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote