Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2003, 09:42 PM   #41
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Ok. I'm currently workin' on the items. I'm gonna put in some miscellaneous items that only create light, that're fairly overpriced. Anyway, I'm just moving the original inventory, putting in the base weapons with the extras later. Are rapiers made by the blacksmith? IMHO, I don't think so. The guys who buy this stuff aren't about finesse. They're about sharpness and strength. So I'm leaving the following out for now: rapiers, katanas, bastard swords, double-sided stuff, shuriken, kamas, kukris, scimitars (same reason as rapiers, and setting), anything ranged (might create a fletcher for that. I'm going to leave in both scythes and sickles because, even though they're exotic weapons, they have legitimate use in a farming society.

Also: I'm considering not making every variation of every weapon. I'm going to make masterwork versions of commonly used weapons. For stuff that's not always used as weapons (handaxes, scythes, sickles, etc), I'll make subpar ones. What do you guys think?

EDIT => Also, I need some advice on flails. Should I have both light and heavy? My reasoning: heavy are the ones that'd be used for agriculture, so are light ones really good roleplaying? This guy's main purpose is going to be agricultural implements, and practical weapons for the guards and hunters, outdoorsmen, etc. So he shouldn't have every weapon. So I'm thinking of dropping light flail.

[ 08-17-2003, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: True_Moose ]
Old 08-17-2003, 09:52 PM   #42
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Just let me know when you want me to start. You have asked for me to do two things, but it looks like phillip wanted part of my responsibility? Did I miss-read that? So does that just leave me with custom items? Does that mean that you want me to set up a merchant with those items, and I send the area to you after it is built?
Old 08-17-2003, 09:54 PM   #43
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

How many people have a messenging service like MSN? I've already added Dreamer to mine (yes, my name is Bolstered Cabbage ), but it might be easier to discuss the more mundane things in MSN, and reserve this space for more progress report type things.
Old 08-17-2003, 10:47 PM   #44
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
How many people have a messenging service like MSN? I've already added Dreamer to mine (yes, my name is Bolstered Cabbage ), but it might be easier to discuss the more mundane things in MSN, and reserve this space for more progress report type things.
I have MSN- robot6foot@hotmail.com -add me! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 03:31 AM   #45
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Just let me know when you want me to start. You have asked for me to do two things, but it looks like phillip wanted part of my responsibility? Did I miss-read that? So does that just leave me with custom items? Does that mean that you want me to set up a merchant with those items, and I send the area to you after it is built?
Did I miss something? I read the thread all over again but what part did you do?
As I said nothing was final so I'll take another one if you already want to do that one. Also it's better to do these kind of things on the board so everyone knows what you want to do, as someone else is also building items now

If the merchants has tehir own building

Maybe it's better to only do merchants that have their own building first and do others later as it's annoying to test anything with all kind of NPCs that aren't yet needed and probably don't need much testing around.

my Bioware name is garret tealeaf
my msn is philip_schouten@hotmail.com

Larry could you pm us your msn or add us?

what would we call our guild? As EfU is called IW mod we can't use something with IW in it IMO. I'll wait for that before making the lycos account since we can have the same name then

This is an updated one:

Area Designer
Village exterior [Dreamer128]
Inn [philip]
Tailor [+custom clothing] [Larry_OHF] (isn't it?)
Interior for normal housing [Free] (Legolas has some don't know if he's
doing more)
Interior for at least two barns [Free]
Blacksmith [+custom items] [True-moose]
Militia Barracks [+NPC Guards] [Chewbacca]

REQUEST FOR EVRYONE WHO CREATES WINTER CLOTHING: for winter clothing put 'Winter' as first 6 letters of the tag for the sleeping without proper clothing outside script. thanks!
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 03:48 AM   #46
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Hm.. I forgot to add the Clerics house to that list. Not a big issue though, I'll handle it.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 03:55 AM   #47
Chewbacca
Zartan

We have a guild at BioWare!

It is called:

Village of Ironworkers

Yes the name can be changed!

So log into your Bioware account and send a request to join if you do not have an invite from me. We have a forum going as well that we can use for module building discussion.

Dreamer128- Velkyn17
Legolas- Golas
True_Moose- True_Moose

and Philip already joined as garret tealeaf

I will be sending invites soon so look sharp! [img]smile.gif[/img]

edit-
True_Moose BioWares search feature couldnt find you so send a request to join!

Larry_OHF I tried searching for you using the BioWare handle you put in the EFU forum, but couldnt find you either. Send a request to join the guild as well!

[ 08-18-2003, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 08-18-2003, 07:10 AM   #48
Legolas
Jack Burton

My MSN and email addy is legolas_ea at hotmail.com
About the 'farm implements', since it will be quite cold from the majority of the year there'll only be a short period of time to actually grow crops in. Most of the food would come from foraging, fishing and hunting. There may be some livestock as well, such as sheep and chickens.
Since it's so important to have enough food, people will be outside looking for it whenever the weather allows it. I'd imagine that, because of that importance, there is a blacksmith/fletcher who provides the tools for hunting and farming while the other smith concentrates on the true weapons. The former would probably sell the handaxes as well.
Alternatively, the mages or clerics (or both) may have set up some kind of large magical sphere which traps the warmth and allows for farming inside it the whole year around. Then it might attract some creature who steals it time and again, so adventurers would have to retrieve it from its lair. But that would still mean people needed to hunt and gather...
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 07:51 AM   #49
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I created the village next to a large warm water source. Which makes sure the temperature is a bit higher then elsewhere.
Old 08-18-2003, 12:02 PM   #50
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Update:
-Finished most of the village exterior (got to place some more map points and signs). I'm also placing a little quest related to my cleric (might as well do that now).
-Almost done with the local Cleric. I expect to have my first part finished by tomorrow.