Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2002, 12:07 AM   #11
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Anybody wanna give us a name? Spree? Where are you? You'd do well on that assignment!

I will not be DM'ing, because it is too hard to figure out in the short amount of time I have.

I have a game set up, and have already taken care of the people in the santuary that want to initiate dialog to send us on the quests. That way, we don't have to sit around, and listen to them talk. I am in the room where the glowing portals are, though when you log in, you will be in the room prior to that, by default.

Unless anyone objects, I will accept the responsibility to lead the party on the directions we go, if nobody else wants it. I would prefer someone else do it, and I nominate Cyril or Spree. Either of them have good leadership ability. If none of them accept, I will assume that role.

Okay (insert party name here)...the rest of you need to post your stuff! When it is done we need to look at the balance. I already know that we have three rangers, one bard, and one sorcerous. I have invited TAO to join us, if she would like to. That would complete our 6th empty spot for a third female.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 12:22 AM   #12
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

I'll be playing a rogue. Gotta love lock pick, pick pocket. [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img] The guy is in one player mode. I'm gussing I can transfer him to the game. He's just has some crappy stuff. No bonus on anything but for boots and gloves. But then he's only lvl 3, hopefully higher before Saturday.
Deiter Leafblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 02:08 AM   #13
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Heh, I'll be happy to pass the dagger + 1 to your rogue for backstabbing, Deiter, if you don't have a more powerful weapon by then

Anyone else is also welcome to use my morningstar + 1... the only condition (What? Did you think you'd get it for free?!) is to....

KEEP MY SORCERESS ALIVE [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 10:31 AM   #14
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

[img]tongue.gif[/img] All right, YA'LL ASKED FOR IT!!!

[img]smile.gif[/img] But I'm not going to make you suffer through Mirkas. [img]tongue.gif[/img] He's oversized anyway, at level 8. So I'm building myself a nice new character now. She'll be in this afternoon, rest assured. Okies??? [img]smile.gif[/img] A lovely little bard to sing for you all. And I'm confident she won't be a bumbling bad-luck idiot like Mirkas.

Now as for those name's Larry...

We could be... uhm... [img]tongue.gif[/img] Well I don't know... WHY DO I ALWAYS HAVE TO COME UP WITH THIS STUFF?!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Why don't we be the bloody swords of time, huh Larry?!

Let's see uhm... I used to work for a Dragon's Fire Mercenary Company... Uh... And there was the Singing Arrow Adventurer's Guild... And uhm... [img]tongue.gif[/img] Dammit, everything's so cliche!! Hmmm... Gaaahhh takasi!! [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Oh, excuse my elven... Hrm...

Oh just call us the Nightblades. [img]tongue.gif[/img] You know you like it Larry!

Or the Blink Dogs...
Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 12:16 PM   #15
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Fine. the Nightblades we are.
Mistral...We are role-playing this as though we were RP'ing in the RPG forum. Deiter keeps Spree alive, I keep you alive, and hopefully Cyril will keep us all alive, or if TAO joins, she will be his charge. Won't it be cool!

Now, I must relay a bit of sad information. Cyril and I tried to go online last night and failed. He could not see me until I remembered to turn off the damn Firewall. After that, he could see my game there, but could not become a part of it. He thinks it may be his computer, as he read info earlier that mentioned problems with some systems' configurations. In turn, he created a game, but I could not locate it. Tonight, I would most like to see if one of you others can find me. Spree? Can you help a brotha out?

Deiter, how is your system coming along? Have you got the crashing and all fixed?

Should we set a restriction to how high a person can be in level? Mistral is a level 8 and I am a level 5. Do we need to even out the numbers, or don't bother as long as we stay under 10???
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 01:00 PM   #16
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

I'm not sure how the computer is Larry. Haven't had a chance to talk to my dad, he's at work now.
Old 07-12-2002, 04:12 PM   #17
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Ya'll, if this is gonna work we need to be on the same patch version. That's my only advice. [img]tongue.gif[/img] This game is once buggy mother f*cker.

I might be able to help Larry. [img]tongue.gif[/img] BUT I DON'T KNOW, MY SIG MIGHT BE TOO BIG! *Looks at the registration rules again and growls ferociously.* It says RIGHT bloody there!! [img]smile.gif[/img] Well anyway, just tell me when you want to test. I'll be on MSN.

[img]tongue.gif[/img] I think we need a little more level balance than 1-10. [img]smile.gif[/img] I think between the levels of 4 and 6 is good, but if Mistral didn't save her character at one of those levels I guess we're screwed there too.

Another thing. Unless Cyril is playing a cleric, I'm going to be the only one with a substantial amount of healing spells. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Be nice to me or I WILL NOT HEAL YOU.
Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 04:25 PM   #18
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Killing Spree:

I might be able to help Larry. [img]tongue.gif[/img] BUT I DON'T KNOW, MY SIG MIGHT BE TOO BIG!.
Old 07-12-2002, 04:26 PM   #19
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Larry,

In trying to figure out what was going on with connecting to the game last night I've run into 3 separate issues:

1. Quite a few people have reported receiving 'Gamespy disconnected' messages when after selecting 'Join internet game' on the multi-player menu. This seems to occur after on some machines after they have been restarted. The only workaround that I've found for this seems to be to simply wait 45 minutes to an hour and the situation seems to resolve itself. Basically, anyone who has been experiencing this problem will need to have their machine up and running about an hour before attempting to join an internet game.

2. The reason that you could not find my game last night seems to be due to the network configuration out here. My machine has an internal IP address which is different from the external adress you were using.

3. The specific problem I have had of encountering a black screen after signing into but prior to entering an internet game has been widely reported and very few people seem to have been able to work around it. Unfortunately, it has not even been listed yet on Bioware's page of known issues with the game. I've tried a number of things, but have yet to be able to successfully connect to an internet game.

I'm not sure whether or not I'll be able to join with you guys tomorrow night as at the moment I am at a loss for a solution to the black screen issue. If we can find some way of direct connecting our mnachines, that might provide a solution. Let's try that tonight if you're around.
Cyril Darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 04:51 PM   #20
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

What I do not understand is the connection.
I mean, Dungeon Siege was not running on no damned GameSpy crap.
We connected directly to each other's IP address, didn't we?
So, why canthis not happen on NWN?
Why does Gamespy have to be a Moderator?
To ensure nobody is pirating software?

Another thing. I was reading on BIOWARE forums about a saving the game issue. The guy could not save his games on the Internet connection, but the Moderator there told him to either set the configuration to automatically save every (#) minutes, or play on the LAN connection instead. He would be able to save the game on the LAN connection as in Single player. Well, I did not create my game on the LAN, but I have the game saved...so what are they talking about? All this is confusing me beyond my ability to maintain a cool head about it, and I am getting really pissed off. I see so many people complaining about crashes, freeze-ups, not being able to connect, getting booted out, blah, blah, blah. Damnit all! Three patches have been released since the game's premier...and another is due next week! Does that sound a little messed up to any of you?

~Larry grabs a brown paper-bag and begins to inhale slowly, remembering his blood-pressure~