Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2001, 07:46 AM   #11
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

See! When a member of Keldorn's Order speaks, you should listen.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 04:06 PM   #12
signe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
If you don't believe time is a variable, compare an hour in your lover's arms, with an hour in a dentist's chair. LOL. Don't fret, guys, it'll be out. You know, they do this for MONEY!

Why would they spend all this time on a product and not release it? Suffer the damage to their reputations and budget? Of course they'll release it! Well, that's what I thought till I took a look online at how many products have been killed in production this past year. I guess you just never know... A lot of companies seem to have been bought out or just shut down, such as Sir Tech. I'm relatively confident that NWN will be released sometime this winter but I wouldn't run off to the booking agents and put money down.

Signe
signe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 07:03 PM   #13
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Of course, you're right, Signe, I have absolutely no knowledge. But, we're not talking some marginal project here, this is "the franchise," the sequel to the biggest, most moneymakin RPG ever.BGII-TOB was atop Amazon's most-ordered list for MONTHS. Ill bet it outsold Myst III. I mean, there's a LOT of money to be made, so I don't see anybody's attention wandering. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 01:12 PM   #14
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Just a couple of thoughts -

(1) Heaven forbid that they should rush NWN out and have it turn out to be as buggy as PoR2 - now THAT would be dreadful.

(2) I seem to recall seeing some sales figures on BG2:SOA that indicated it has sold something in the neighborhood of 100,000 units and TOB sold around 85,000. (Diablo2 was at 500,000 + for what its worth)

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 10:59 PM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:

(1) Heaven forbid that they should rush NWN out and have it turn out to be as buggy as PoR2 - now THAT would be dreadful.

Agree with this totally. I'd be happy to wait as long as they got it as close to perfect as possible.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 02:50 AM   #16
signe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:

Absolutely. I had PoR2 on and off my computer in 3 days. When the second patch didn't help anything, I gave up. Unfortunately, I had waited too long to try it out and couldn't return it. I was completely frustrated that they got to keep my money. I did email and complain but never received a reply.
signe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 07:28 PM   #17
Damon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

bah stupid PoR *mutter mutter*
Damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 06:47 PM   #18
Tabitha Silverwill
Dungeon Master

In the UK edition of PC Gamer, they are talking about a UK release of September 2002 now

This is such bad news - I've nearly finished BG II. What on earth am I going to do next? Oh yeah - I've still got Planescape Torment to do for the first time and Throne of Bhaal
Old 01-30-2002, 12:13 AM   #19
Sliven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

its all about waiting. was playing Eq ( everquest ) for awile, now im playing DaoC and Anarchy ( hate it) but at least it passes the time. rest of the time im on open playing either shadowrun or AD&D =) with the lack of players in my city it was a godsend. many of you who have lost groups to moves and such should look inot it. its a good tabletop format, since webrpg went pay status.
Old 01-30-2002, 04:24 AM   #20
Jorath Calar
Harper

There is a segment in the ŽUK PC Gamer this month that has all the games that will be released this year, they say NWN will be out in the spring (hopefully true) and give it 5/5 in anticipation
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote