Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-03-2001, 01:02 PM   #1
Gefallen

These seem scarce and out of 8 or 9 kills, I have yet to harvest only 4 conch shells. Is there a good recommendation for finding these? I play with spawn set to frequent and run around the ocean.

Gef
Old 01-03-2001, 03:49 PM   #2
Gauleiter

Got someone with good Scout skills? You can either swim or sail in the boat, either way when you get close enough (if Scout's up high enough) you'll get a message "Crab o' the Sea has been here" -- then dive under and go at them.

Also, the common practise is to "steal" the the shells from the crabs rather than killing them (you can do that afterwards). I explained this in detail a couple days ago, but, put simply, though not all crabs have shells, those that do only have a *chance* of dropping a shell when they die. However, if the crab has a shell, and if your pickpocket skill is high enough, you'll always get a shell. Though not all have shells (that's when you'll get "CharacterName gets nothing"), most do.

In the end, I got frustrated and left half my party behind, taking only what I had helms & rebreathers for. Collassium is remarkably easy, probably the quickest dungeon in the game. Other than the Mother of Crabs (which, though quite easy [I took her out with only 2 or 3 Ice/Fire Storms], is worth a /lot/ of exp.), there's really no resistance.