Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2003, 08:47 PM   #1
Trau
Zhentarim Guard

I've heard that Jon Irenicus wears a mask-is this true, and how do you know?
Black Bush: \"UN got a problem with me in Iraq? You know what you should do? You should sanction me. Sanction me with your army. Oh wait, you don\'t have an army. I guess that means you should need to shut the f**k up! SHUT THE F**K UP!\"
Trau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 09:29 PM   #2
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

I always thought that his "mask" is his face after what it looked like when the Seldarine (sp?) stripped him of everything that was elven of him, like his immortality and what not.
Old 03-01-2003, 06:25 AM   #3
daan
Silver Dragon

Nope, it's a mask .. has some pretty mean looking scar-tissue under it I suspect [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2003, 07:22 AM   #4
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by daan:
Nope, it's a mask .. has some pretty mean looking scar-tissue under it I suspect [img]smile.gif[/img]
k, I'm curious... give us evidence that it's a mask, please. Aside from that metal 'amish beard' lookin ring that goes all the way around his head to hold his face on, of course.
Old 03-01-2003, 08:53 AM   #5
daan
Silver Dragon

Buy ToB, install the Ascension + Redemption -combo
( both approved by a man that used to help make the game )
Play it out, go through some dialogue .. and you'll find out
Old 03-01-2003, 09:04 AM   #6
daan
Silver Dragon

Slight correction ,.. I think Irenicus is actually quite handsome under that mask IIRC. Not sure who put the mask on him though, himself or the Seldarine.
Newayz, there's a beautifull, youthfull looking elf under the mask IIRC [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-01-2003, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: daan ]
Old 03-01-2003, 09:46 AM   #7
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Slight correction ,.. I think Irenicus is actually quite handsome under that mask IIRC. Not sure who put the mask on him though, himself or the Seldarine.
Newayz, there's a beautifull, youthfull looking elf under the mask IIRC [img]smile.gif[/img]
Well, if he is so handsome (eh), then why doesn't he take it off? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 09:54 AM   #8
daan
Silver Dragon

That's why Im not sure if its put on by him or the Seldarine.
I can understand from the seldarine point of view, but not really from his ...
Though he does seem reluctant to take it off and doesnt want ellesime to see what's under the mask either.
Ah well, guess he's just another one of those really emtionally frustrated people [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2003, 10:00 AM   #9
daan
Silver Dragon

oeh ! oeh ! I get it ! Maybe its a bit of a metafor..
He doesnt want us to see what's under his real mask, just as he doesnt want us -or himself- to see what's under his "mask" ( the mask that bars and hides his emotions ) anymore.

It's a bit of a spoiler, but Irenicus is torn between decisions really. He hates his former self in one hand, but craves the emotions on the other.
He basically hates what he wants to become.

See ? He's emotionally disturbed .. I'd hate to see an emotion-spell get the upper hand of him sometime,.. he'd probably be crying and sharing traumatic events in his life the entire friggin time you try to kill him
Old 03-01-2003, 10:08 AM   #10
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
See ? He's emotionally disturbed .. I'd hate to see an emotion-spell get the upper hand of him sometime,.. he'd probably be crying and sharing traumatic events in his life the entire friggin time you try to kill him
Reeeeally? Well, I'll agree with you on the disturbed part, but Irenicus sheeding a small teer? Bleh, not likely, read this and you'll see what I mean.

*Irenicus slaughters the Shadow Thieves and Cowled Wizards at Wauken's Promenade*

"My home will feel my wrath!" -Jon Irenicus

"Jonaleth! What are you doing with these creatures! You are one of..." He disentigrates them. -Last words of a dieing elf

"Bodhi, remove this nothing and Imoen as well. Farewell Child of Bhaal, we shall not meet again."

*Starts killing all of his own people at his home with your soul*

Hmm, I'm pretty sure he a heartless bastard
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote