Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-12-2003, 03:32 PM   #211
Thorfinn
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
quote:
Originally posted by Thorfinn:
Yorick, you can make a very solid case that any loud noises contribute to hearing loss. I defy you to find more than a handful of bars where rock-n-roll is played at low volume. While classical and "elevator" music is often at background levels, I have only been to a handful of bars where the volume was not cranked enough that you had to yell at the guy next to you to be heard, and sometimes not even that worked.

Suffice it to say that I have experienced hearing loss at these establishments, though I actually only went there for a beer and companionship. You rockers and your inability to contain your noise forced a hearing loss on me, and I think it is high time the government threw the lot of you in jail...
I wear earplugs to any concert to reduce damage to my ears. Those concerned about their hearing, can and do make choices that work. However I cannot wear "smoke filters" to reduce tobacco damage. [/QUOTE]Nonsense. Smokers do. They are called "filtered cigarettes". Just buy yourself a pack of Marlboros, snap off a couple filters and slip one into each nostril.

Actually, the fact you cannot just slip down to the chemists and pick up a set of smoke filters is a pretty good argument that either people don't truly care about second-hand smoke, or that the problem may be overblown in the first place...

[ 05-12-2003, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Thorfinn ]
Old 05-12-2003, 03:34 PM   #212
MagiK

LOL Rokenn [img]smile.gif[/img] we are talking smoking here...smoking in privately owned establishments...not chemical waste dumping or irresponsible disposal of nuclear material.

o one on here has yet explained to me why the government has the right to tell a tavern owner he cannot allow smoking. When I was a kid, I do remember smokey diners....I also remember places that didn't allow smoking and or drinking...and I was free to choose which I went into....now we want the nanny state to tell us...you can't open up a cigar bar, or a smoking pub...Neither of which I would enter....but I think those who want to should be free to do so. Im not advocating allowing smoking in places like restauraunts...however food may or may not be served at those smoking establishments.

In my eyes this is a clear case where a fringe group has multiplied and exacerbated an issue into such proportions that they are willing to give up some of my freedoms to suit their agenda...I don't like that, and that isn't what our constitution was based on.

Old 05-12-2003, 03:35 PM   #213
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Thorfinn:
Nonsense. Smokers do. They are called "filtered cigarettes". Just buy yourself a pack of Marlboros, snap off a couple filters and slip one into each nostril.
LLAO [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Touche`

[ 05-12-2003, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 05-12-2003, 03:37 PM   #214
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

This is moving to a Part 2 thread now.