Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What race are you
Human 26 27.37%
Dwarf 2 2.11%
Elf 17 17.89%
Half-Elf 39 41.05%
Gnome 6 6.32%
Halfling 4 4.21%
Half-Orc 1 1.05%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2002, 08:18 AM   #61
nightshift001
The Magister

Completed it with a wizard first (actually made it lv 20 somehow) then with a fighter cant see the point in dual classing as skills can get you by most things and the henchmen take care of the rest or just shoot a trapped chest with acid cold arrows............sad and dissapointes coming from throne of bhaal................i hope an expansion is on the way with alot more in party dialog.........i miss the arguing b/w party members and aribeths romance is pretty weak,,,,just some opinions
nightshift001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 10:32 AM   #62
koz-ivan
Manshoon

currently an elf, wizard 17 / ranger 1 / rogue 1. (just started chapter 3)

got bored w/ a 17th level single class wizard, since i was running into a lot of the combats anyway, i figured free dual wield was the way to go.

seeing how effective namarra was w/ the courtesan blade, i added a level of rogue next for sneak attack + use magic item.

i'll likely finish up w/ another wizard level.

use magic item allows the wizard to wear "robes of the dark moon" (was not happy w/ many of the mage robes) + some boots that boost con & deflection ac. also has a wand of the heavens for suprise firepower + divine damage. i may raid the monk items again in chapter 4.

so i end up w/ a fairly tough, nimble, strong and yet scrawny melee char.

now for weapons, it's mostly namarra + ravager ice axe, i've construced most of the chapt 3 "finesse" weapons and switch them to suit my opponent.

-

what i like about this char is the flexibility and durability. long lasting protection spells, a few summons, and a suprising ability to tank (i think this is mostly related to the seemingly superpowered greater swordsman belt & brawler belt), and decent mele skill & pixie familliar for post fight detrapping. not to mention the ability to blow a lot of stuff up quickly, and thow a lot of spell damage around.
koz-ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 11:34 AM   #63
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Just got started and am using a half-elf Bard. Not sure if I'll multiclass her at some point. She's level 3 at the moment.
You may want to take a few levels of fighter if you want to improve her melee skills, or multi a few classes of sorcerer to take advantage of your high charisma. Otherwise go the straight path (since the bard is just about a multiclass character anyway). [img]smile.gif[/img]

Do it quick though - we need someone to cook and clean for us in our multi games.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 12:26 PM   #64
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

you'd be wanting a halfling in your multiplayer games then mem, nothings a better cook than a halfling...cept that nekkid chef dude,

hmmn my 7 fighter/7 barbarian seems to be quite cool, i wouldnt mind a wizzed afterwards or maybe even a ranger,depends what take me fancy,
Felix
FelixJaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 12:44 PM   #65
magnetism
Manshoon

We see the dominant is single class followed by:

fighter(primary)/thief(supplimental)
followed closely by....
ranger(primary)/thief(supplimental)

this is exactly what I would expect...

though I thought elven wizard(primary)/figher(utility) would show much higher.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:28 PM   #66
Obsidian the Black
Elminster

Com' on guys (and gals), Druid is by far the best choice!! I mean they r cool. They have some very good spells and r good at melee and ranged combat. I am very dissapointed.
Obsidian the Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 11:14 AM   #67
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
You may want to take a few levels of fighter if you want to improve her melee skills, or multi a few classes of sorcerer to take advantage of your high charisma. Otherwise go the straight path (since the bard is just about a multiclass character anyway). [img]smile.gif[/img]

Do it quick though - we need someone to cook and clean for us in our multi games.
HAHAHA! Cook and clean... [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] Stop nipping at the spirits, geniebabe! She's a level four now. Best I can tell, she won't take a penalty for having another class if I don't keep the levels close. Is that right?? I need to get her a martial feat for some weapon or other... tired of the morningstar and +1 dagger [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Finished the prison quest! Bardsong rocks!

edit: I just checked the poll results and of 90 responses I'm the ONLY one using a bard? LOLOLOL! Well, Cloudypie has always been unique!

[ 09-05-2002, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]