Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2001, 10:05 AM   #11
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

CTRL + Y = instant, bloody, exploding death
Old 05-15-2001, 01:36 PM   #12
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

I think that you have to have a weapon designed to destroy shapeshifters in order to hit them. However, you can poison them with Arrows/Bolts of biting and then run away... That's what I did.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-15-2001, 01:52 PM   #13
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Throntar:
I think that you have to have a weapon designed to destroy shapeshifters in order to hit them. However, you can poison them with Arrows/Bolts of biting and then run away... That's what I did.

You need magical weapons (about +2 or greater I think) - just poewr everybody up and have all tanks focus on the one creature while mages blast the bugger. everyone should be hasted

Old 05-15-2001, 02:05 PM   #14
dafan

I had problems with thoose beast the first time I tried em but after that I never have had... maybe cause I was better equiped theother times

------------------
I'm a protector of good
a seeker of truth
a symbol of light
a man of honor
Old 05-15-2001, 04:38 PM   #15
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Hey EINSTEIN, u wait till u get to doing them on solo, hehe. I don't really play the game any more but IIRC the only way I could kill them solo was if I had a spellcaster or if I had the silver sword.
A few things, here are the stats:
Greater Wolfwere:

66 HP
Base AC = 2 (+19 dex = -2 AC)
base THACO = 6 (+19 STR = 3)
3 attacks, not bad.
Using the level 9 spell shapechange u can become one. This is the easiest way to kill the Twisted tune bitches, hehe.

STR 19
DEX 19
CON 16
INT 17 blah blah

They are level 11
saving throw vs. spells: 5
and vs. death: 7

IIRC they regenerate about 6 HP per sec. Which means 36 out of their 66 HP per round. So if u do less than 36 damage in a round they will be Uninjured by the next round. Yeah if u have a party, 66 damage in 1 round shouldn't be a problem. However, soloing them is hard!

They only have 50% magic resistance and have 50% resistance to all elemental damage.
Old 05-15-2001, 11:39 PM   #16
Gargoyle
Manshoon

I remember the section you gyz are on about and I can't remember having any problems, although when I fight these types of creatures I always use weapons strong against shapeshifters, BG1 proved this is the best method !

------------------

Time is only relevant if you have none !
Old 05-16-2001, 02:40 AM   #17
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I thought it was the greater wolfweres that regenerate fast not the greater werewolves.

------------------
Welcome to hell.
Old 05-16-2001, 04:23 AM   #18
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

HAHAHAHA!!!

Me brothers of dark are tough foes hehehe..

oups sorry

Well a trick is to hit them and hit them hard, take out one at a time, start with cloudkill over the area you are to fight them in (takes care of the regenerating thingie..) Hit them with arrows of biting/fire/frost, have weapons of at least a +3 capability and also with some extra different damage types will do good. make sure to hasten your fighter, the key is to pound on as hard and as fast as possible to kill them before the regeneration kicks in...

So Bahamuts way, overkill is the way..
Or disintegrate

(Only wished the wolves and wolverines in Norway was this tough to kill!!!)

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-16-2001, 04:25 AM   #19
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
I thought it was the greater wolfweres that regenerate fast not the greater werewolves.

---------------------------------------
You´re right
Old 05-16-2001, 04:44 AM   #20
Soven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hmmm i somehow had no problems killing them but too bad i forgot how although i just finished that quest not long ago.