Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 07-03-2001, 11:10 PM   #1
Sagath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ToB Baldurdash Tweaks!

Posted today: Heres some of the things David Gaider did!

Quote:
"We originally had planned out some Bhaalspawn powers that the player would accumulate after doing the challenges in the pocket plane. It was scrapped because it was thought that these extra abilities plus all the high-level abilities would get too confusing. All of the abilities are still in the game, though, so it was minor scripting to add them back in for those people who would like to try them."
All I can say is WOW!!!
Quote:
Prince Of Demons to his originally planned difficulty, before he was "toned down" for game balance.
Uhhh, Tougher?! Man, I had 2 deaths, and many near death with the current version...And he was tougher origonally!? sheesh!
Quote:
this is just an optional patch for those people who found Balthazar too easy...Balthazar uses his abilities more often and teleports across a farther range...and his pupils that fight with him have been buffed and each given one of his special abilities.
Personally...I cant say much. I dont think I'm at him yet. But tougher is better right?

Seems to just be some things they wanted to do to ToB, but toned down for game balance reasons. But were all diehard, so why not give em a try!

Good Luck!

------------------
Sagath Steelblade. 26th Fighter, LG
Gilimi Silverwing, 27th Monk, LG

Jan: Greetings, Everyone. Sorry, no gifts or souvenirs this time but I'll keep you all in mind the next time I'm gone. Oh, Keldorn: the gods say 'Hi' and that you should wash your underwear more thoroughly. Everyone ready? Let's go adventuring.
Sagath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 11:14 PM   #2
ScottG
Drow Warrior

Tougher is better. I took him out w/ two players rather quickly (Berserker/Cleric & Keldorn). I acctually found the battle just b4 it to be more challenging.

Thanks for the info.
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote