Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 12-09-2009, 05:48 PM   #11
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: One More For The Road

Shale and Sten have lots of banter and it's interesting too. They're a good match.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:18 PM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ack, doesn't anyone still have to go to work and clean house and cook or do laundry? Feed the pets, visit friends have a life in addition to the game.....LOL I'm not slacking.. I'm LACKING...time!

I've started 4 or 5 times... but now I've got 3 games going, I may never finish... eef!
Old 12-11-2009, 03:19 AM   #13
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion

I'm with you, Cloudy . I've finished through once, although I think I missed quite a few side quests. The house is still clean and Tuppy isn't saying she's neglected. However, my TV commitments have been badly affected.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:49 PM   #14
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ah, the good old days, when I could have a full time job and still finish Baldur's Gate more times than anyone here...

Not an issue now, vacations are overrated, and I can attest to that fully, having been on one for almost 5 years now. So, taking an average 40 hour work week out of the equation, I have lots of time..
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:46 PM   #15
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Shale is AWESOME!!! ( for one thing his insanely high constitution makes him a powerhouse of health ) the other thing is the talents.

I am slacking big time though....got level 14 on my mage and stopped playing to bring up a rogue - and now I am bringing up a warrior ( gonna make him beserker ) and then I decided to stop that and start my first bloodmage *sigh*
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:48 PM   #16
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
Ah, the good old days, when I could have a full time job and still finish Baldur's Gate more times than anyone here...
That's not something to boast about, lol.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:33 AM   #17
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Even before I was disabled, I had no life. Of course, it helped that my GF at the time was on her computer trying to catch up. One of the cutest things I ever saw her grandson do was, at just a bit under a year old, he was at my computer, which was turned off, with one hand on the mouse, and another on the space bar. I can't imagine where he might have learned that...
Old 12-12-2009, 08:00 PM   #18
Raistlin Majere
Ra

So what are the thoughts on the length of the game? Is it a good amount of playing, or just a run through?

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:14 PM   #19
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

It depends, really, on how easily sidetracked you are. I would imagine that it could be done relatively quickly, 30 hours or so, if you skip a lot of the side quests. I have 41 hours in my current game, and I just started the elven stuff. I have finished Orzammar, got the Circle done, and still have to go after the Urn to finish Redcliffe. I have, however, finished all but Alistair and Morrigan's side quests, and am working on Wynne's while in the forest. I still have a substantial amount of game left, but most of the Chantry Board quests, and the merc group's board quests are done, just have to get into the Alienage. I can see how it could easily get into 80ish hours, if I pursue every side quest I see.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #20
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
You completed the game twice over? Or, do you mean the origins? Just wondering 'cuz if it is the game, then man I am slacking.
LOL I'm slacking too, playing my first toon still - I reckon I'm about 30% of the way through it. I'm in no rush though.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote