Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 05-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #1
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default NWN Portal links?

Z,

You might want to update/double check your links to fan sites for NWN. The following links all had issues for me:

Black Isle: OUT OF BUSINESS, link to blackisle.com redirects to interplay.com

Neverwinter Stratics: malfunctioning; not sure if site is down permanently or just having trouble

Neverwinter Nights Resource Site: URL not found
The Band of the Red Hand: URL not found
Neverwinter Nights Marketplace: URL not found

Neverwinter Nights Dragonlance Project: This now links to a Korean or Japanese site

Edit: The DLA team abandonded the NWN1 DragonLance project in 2006. The project was restarted using NWN2 and is still active. The new site was last updated on May 3rd, 2012.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783

Last edited by Micah Foehammer; 05-03-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: NWN Portal links?

Yeah, I have it on the list of things to do-- It sucks some of those fan sites are gone.
But there are NEW ones that are missing (just checked).

I didn't know Team DLA was working with NWN2, I thought they hated NWN2? Maybe since more mod tools came about they changed their minds. When original DLA Forum went down, it sucked... I know a few of them, and they were a godsend with 3DS Max help with bones (animating a model with bones).

I am redesigning the ENTIRE Ironworks Gaming area. Some areas will be closed (Darkstone and others set to a 'classic area') and a few new areas. All the Links from all the Games will go through a check, and update.

Whats the new URL for the DLA NWN2 Project? I wanna see what they are up to!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
Yeah, I have it on the list of things to do-- It sucks some of those fan sites are gone.
But there are NEW ones that are missing (just checked).

I didn't know Team DLA was working with NWN2, I thought they hated NWN2? Maybe since more mod tools came about they changed their minds. When original DLA Forum went down, it sucked... I know a few of them, and they were a godsend with 3DS Max help with bones (animating a model with bones).

I am redesigning the ENTIRE Ironworks Gaming area. Some areas will be closed (Darkstone and others set to a 'classic area') and a few new areas. All the Links from all the Games will go through a check, and update.

Whats the new URL for the DLA NWN2 Project? I wanna see what they are up to!
Here's the new DL NWN2 project.

http://dragonlancenights.com/

That MAY not be the same DLA team. Bioware hired at least three of the original DLA team members.

here's the DLA abandoned announcment:

http://www.forgottenlance.com/games/adventures.htm

Some of the IWD, IWD2 and BG2 links have similiar issues.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 05-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Update -- Just incase one of those links was taken over by a site that has dangerous code, I removed the dead links.. (and poor old Black Isle).

I did add NWN Nexus and the Wiki. Let me know the DLA URL Ced.. tried a search but found old stuff. (Ah, nevermind ) Got it. Will add it to the next update.
Thank you sir!

Old 05-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeah, it sucks that all these sites I loved are gone.. or those dang ad sites own the URL now.. ah well, such is life. All the links for ALL the games will get a cleaning.

(If you find one that links to a site that looks dangerous, or your antivirus goes off, let me know--I just checked a few, and they look ok so far).

Old 05-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
Yeah, it sucks that all these sites I loved are gone.. or those dang ad sites own the URL now.. ah well, such is life. All the links for ALL the games will get a cleaning.

(If you find one that links to a site that looks dangerous, or your antivirus goes off, let me know--I just checked a few, and they look ok so far).
No AV issues on the ones that I checked but I didn't check them all.

Some of the older BG and BG2 sites have moved. You should definitely make sure you have the right links for stuff like Weidu and Baldurdash and PlanetBaldursGate. Might want to look at the Pocket Plane Group page as well.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Will do! Thanks for the help! I remember starting the first Baldurs Gate site because of the 'top 50 sites' and was like, I LOVE this game, and wanted to see how high I could get on the ranking.. My original site (sans forum back then) hit #1 in a week! It was between myself and another site at the time, and we had fun trying to be first.

Then I didn't care about the 'top 50 sites' area, and wanted to expand. the #2 site did the same.. It was fun though!! (that was before top 50 lists were spam filled crap).