Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2000, 09:12 AM   #1
drezden

I've heard a lot of people talk about how these monsters are so smart, but they can't open doors, etc But what I find equally funny is how you can parley with someone (like the wizard in the sewers or the cultists at the Unseeing part), tell them you'll help them, then cast a whole boatload of battle prep spells (bless, defensive harmony, spell deflection, prot. from evil, etc.) or even summon monster spells and then turn around and just blast the people you had parleyed with. They just sit there like idiots while you get ready to kill them! Do you think someone would say, "Ah excuse me but shouldn't you be running along?" or "Why are you casting these spells here?" I have used this tactic several times to just obliterate some parties of baddies, before they even knew what hit them. Anyone else do this to?

Old 12-13-2000, 09:28 AM   #2
Armisael

Yes, it's a well known fact that NPCs don't have any common sense. It'd be pretty interesting if they did. Take a lot of programming, as well.

Old 12-13-2000, 09:41 AM   #3
Hauver

hmm..my thoughts on these...acutally since in the game it is wise to attack only hostile parties, therefore 95% of all such casting must be done away from your enemies. I don't seem to recall numerous such opportunities when you actually have the luxury to cast so blatantly. i mean let's just say you see a group of people suddenly casting away, you may feel threatened and be on guard. but i suppose you wouldn't immediately attack anyone. In BG2, it's fortunate that the party gets jumped infrequently, cos everytime the party's jumped i'll suffer far more casualties.