Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 10:54 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

As in- what is in the back seat or on the floor or in your trunk (boot) right now?

I was getting some groceries out the other day and found the bottle of anti-desicant spray we planned to use on our evergreens several winters ago (which mysteriously disappeared after I bought it) and I realized it had been kicking around the trunk of my previous car for several years (unbeknownst to me!) and my husband must have moved it to the new car when we bought it, without even checking what was in the bin in the old trunk!

So I need to clean out my car already and it's brand new! Found old, empty bottle of windshield washer fluid, some bungee cords (we keep them for tying things down that might break or roll around) and some old plastic bags along with a roll of raffle tickets I had for a church raffle many seasons ago! Yup, time to clean that car out....one of these days.

In the back seat is a sunshade/blocker thing for keeping out the sun when I park the car at the office or in big mall lots, a small umbrella and a trash bag (cloth) which is velcroed to the back of the passenger seat. Oh and in the front cup holders are two empty cans (one of Diet Caffeine free Coke and the other is seltzer). The glove box has some tissues and a few bits of paper from when we got the car (the sticker with price etc and insurance card etc).

And for now, that's it. Of course I've only had the thing 3 months, so give me time. It will accumulate things... unless I get a wonderful new 'clean car' habit going...you never know!

So what's kicking around your car now?
Old 07-12-2005, 11:00 AM   #2
Lavindathar
Harper

You don't want to know!!!

In the boot I have a spare set of rear lights (the ones currently on the car are illegal so I carry a spare legal set).

Also got a spare induction kit...

In the back seats, 20 bottles of alcopops, magazines, empty cigarette boxes etc...

Loads of Mcdonalds boxes, oh, and a million CDs!

It's the biggest mess ever, but I've not tidied it because its getting stripped to be resprayed, and the engine is being rebuilt so no point really!

It's mad when you think that when my seats are £400 each, that ive let it get into such a tip!
Old 07-12-2005, 11:13 AM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Whoa, sounds a bit like my old car, Lavi! (But how do you read the magazines from the front seat? )

I used to let things pile up for a while when both my husband and I were using it to get to work. We were always in a hurry when sharing the ride so I just left all the soda cans and McDonald's bags breakfast! LOL ) in the back and eventually the floor got so covered it was impossible to see it!

One day I heard a beeping that had been driving me nuts for months and as I was waiting at my husband's work for him to get done, I got out and put trash in a bag and dug around the floor behind the driver's seat....finally found it.... my husband's watch that he had clipped to a gym bag had fallen off and his timer alarm kept going off! It was set for about 15 min before I'd get there to pick him up and of course kept going off as I was driving to get him! LOL

Oh yes, I also have an emergency road kit in the trunk (flares, blanket, bandaids, jumper cables etc)

[ 07-12-2005, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 07-12-2005, 11:16 AM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I just checked and there's some shoes and a full set of clothes along with some weird looking bones.

Oops, I mean...I'm not hiding any bodies in my car [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 11:27 AM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Mine is surprisingly empty, of course, I'm not allowed to drive, the State hates me, so I've not had a chance to fill it up yet. However, the tailgate makes a great workstation, when I'm wrenching in my front yard, so my tool box is back there, along with the jack I tried to use to pick up a car the other day. It didn't work, and the car fell off of it, but no one was under it at the time, so no harm done. I just got it from my mom, as usual, I get her left overs...she sold her house, got a new truck, and I got her old Blazer, the S-10 version, which is my personal fav. Give me time, I'll get it up there, my old one took me 3 hours to clean out, and I found all kinds of interesting things, some of them I'd wondered where they were.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 11:34 AM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Lord: [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

RTB: You can squirrel away alot of stuff in a Blazer! LOL Bet you find things you didn't know were there when you do clean it out!
Old 07-12-2005, 11:46 AM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

* old receipts from gas stations

* an old thermostat that is not in the car that it came from

* a broken-off piece of a window knob

* alotta cheerios and crumbs from where the kids eat in the back seats and the food goes under their car-seats

* some odd papers like inspection reports and drawings from MaryBeth when she needed something to do

* a broken umbrella

* a sippy-cup with about an inch of dried-up chocolate milk still in it

* a fly corpse

* an empty Wendy's cup with straw and cap

* some small toys for the kids

* a flashlight that has no batteries

* a map of NC

* some used tissues

[ 07-12-2005, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 07-12-2005, 11:51 AM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ewww...to about half of that, Larry! LOL! But then alot of similar stuff (tissues and empty cups) was in my old car when we cleaned it out to trade it in on the new one.

Amazing how that stuff accumulates! Err...so how well does the flashlight work without batteries? [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] Probably not well enough to find that fly corpse in the dark. Was it in the dried milk? EWWWW!
Old 07-12-2005, 12:08 PM   #9
Winter Wolf
Manshoon

when i had a car, it had lots of snickers wrappers and empty cans of red bull rolling around in it. i did a lot of marathon driving missions: anchorage, ak to tacoma, wa and back. tacoma to san fransico and back. 18 hours a day to/from alaska, 14 hours to/from SF. I only stopped on the alaska trips because i no gas stations are open at 2 am in the yukon. on the other hand, i was treated to an *amazing* display of northern lights one october night.

trust me if you go barreling down the side of a mountain at 80 miles an hour *with the brakes on* in pitch blackness for ten minutes straight, you will never know fear again. needed new brake pads after that trip.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:17 PM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yikes, I bet you did! That's a lot of traveling in one day, too!

No snickers wrappers or red bull cans in our cars but we occasionally have fast food bags there. [img]smile.gif[/img]