Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2002, 11:55 AM   #41
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
just out of curiosity: how does one get popular in ironworks forum(popular-250(from all i`ve heard), Neb etc.)? i think after posting overall about 160 posts, noone still remembers my name. must be hard to get such a big popularity
Let me pass on a few tips that I've picked up at IW. There are certain types of threads that will make you popular.

1. 'I'm leaving Ironworks for good because......'. People will implore you to stay. We all love this type of post. The difficulty in this is that a couple of days later you will want to come back and that's embarrassing because some clever dickie will ask why you returned.

2. 'My online girlfriend that I never met is leaving me' Teenage angst always goes down well here - especially with the more mature members.

3. 'I can't get over my RL girlfriend even though she dumped me two years ago'. Again this is a sure winner. You can revisit this one over and over again. The real trick is to title your thread in a way that other members don't realise what the subject is. They click on the thread and then they are snared. NEVER, EVER call it something like 'I can't get over her' because intelligent people will avoid it like the plague.

Happy posting!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 04-03-2002, 12:06 PM   #42
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Knobhead_the_Pommie:
I know you. Hi Bruce.
~jumping for joy~ IW is on the new server?!! yay!!

~gglz~ knobhead *chuckles* great handle babe

~sniffz~ *turns up nose at whole idea of popularity* [img]tongue.gif[/img] heehee

EDIT: keep getting the wrong smilies.

[ 04-03-2002, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: ʆë®Ñï†Ý ]
Old 04-03-2002, 12:11 PM   #43
Grojlach
Zartan

ROFLMAO! Nice list, Donut.
Old 04-03-2002, 12:12 PM   #44
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Encard:
Popular? *shrug* I've got almost 600 posts and no one remembers me either... *attempts to determine whether or not he's actually right* I guess it has nothing to do with posts... probably just something based on your personality... *shrug* No real idea... everyone hates me... *looks very sad*
awwwww..... ~cuddles~
Old 04-03-2002, 12:15 PM   #45
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard_OHF:
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce The Aussie:

The rambling of bruce the aussie (please don't ignore me anymore)
So says the guy who's got an account dovoted to him
believe me
I know my old members from the first OHF recruitment
[/QUOTE] ~peeks~ OHF? welll... my school's called OHS.... *confuddled*
Old 04-03-2002, 12:17 PM   #46
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Hi! How is everyone this morning? Looks like things have been exciting! Too bad I missed it
awww.. ~huge smmmooooooooooooooooooooooocccchhheees~ you haven't missed it yet babe *huggles* and I never did get round to thanking you for explaining the whole manufaturing thingy to me [img]smile.gif[/img] so thank you!

~LMAO at Donut's post~

[ 04-03-2002, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: ʆë®Ñï†Ý ]
Old 04-03-2002, 12:33 PM   #47
illsha damoul
The Magister

oooooooo weeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllll back the topic as u can tell i am a complete and utter newbie and dont have any friends on hear but i have always had a warm reception from u guys and glas whenever i have posted sumthing even though most of it is meaningless babble, pretty much like this post actually,,,,,,,,, ewww er!
Old 04-03-2002, 01:16 PM   #48
Lavindathar
Harper

I reckon a good name also helps, as sad as it sounds.

Making sure that you take time to make your posts, using correct spelling and grammar, also shows that you have made an effort in the thread.

Presentation is key! If you make an effort, it will get noticed! Checking your post for error's can help!
Old 04-03-2002, 01:44 PM   #49
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
I reckon a good name also helps, as sad as it sounds.

Making sure that you take time to make your posts, using correct spelling and grammar, also shows that you have made an effort in the thread.

Presentation is key! If you make an effort, it will get noticed! Checking your post for error's can help!
Good point about the grammar Lavi. Er,you might want to delete that apostrophe in 'errors' by the way.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 04-03-2002, 01:49 PM   #50
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

ROTFL@Donut

HAHAHAHA! You are definitely in fine form, my fiend..err...friend! *CB does some quick spellchecking and ducks out*