Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2001, 01:45 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Seems as though Black Isle decided to nuke the Neverwinter Nights forums at their Official Forums and remove Bioware logos from various forums. Conclusion: This must have something to do with the current legal trouble between Interplay and Bioware. Overseer, the moderator for the boards said: " I took the forums down for reasons I cannot discuss. Sorry.".

Interplay better do some serious ass-kissing to make up with Bioware, their most successful games are coming from Bioware and Bioware's Infinity engine!

------------------
Old 10-17-2001, 02:44 AM   #2
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

No! What happened??? Geez... and NWN is Bioware too right? Oh no... what will happen then! tsktsk...

------------------

Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
You almost had me? You never had me! You never had your car! It is not about winning by a mile or by an inch, its about winning.
Old 10-17-2001, 03:45 AM   #3
Jorath Calar
Harper

If NWN is canned because of this I'll die...seriously.
Old 10-17-2001, 04:01 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Now Bio has decided to put up their own DEDICATED board, separate to Black Isle. The Black Isle boards have been criticized as being the "Calimport of the Internet", with infrequent moderation and numerous spam, flame and troll posts.

For more info click here.

There's definitely some kind of legal issue brewing between Bio and Interplay, and both sides are keeping mum about it.

------------------
Old 10-17-2001, 04:02 AM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
If NWN is canned because of this I'll die...seriously.
easy buddy, we all will, aint we? we can have a suicidal party in protest to the cancel of publishing

nah, life still runs. by the way, doesn't Interplay owns Bioware? so why should interplay kiss ass?
Old 10-17-2001, 04:08 AM   #6
Argus
The Magister

I don't know, maybe I'm overly optimistic, but this might just be reshuffling of corporate responsibilities. Meaning, that since NWN is expected to foster a huge community, Bioware is starting up its own boards to manage it. Maybe Interplay doesn't want to be "burdened" with having to moderate such a large community.

Ever the optimist...
Old 10-17-2001, 04:17 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Argus:
I don't know, maybe I'm overly optimistic, but this might just be reshuffling of corporate responsibilities. Meaning, that since NWN is expected to foster a huge community, Bioware is starting up its own boards to manage it. Maybe Interplay doesn't want to be "burdened" with having to moderate such a large community.

Ever the optimist...
Maybe Bio want to strike out on their own, get closer to the fans. God knows that the only regular Bio employee who used to regularly liaise with the members in "Calimport" was David Gaider (who totally rocks!).

------------------
Old 10-17-2001, 04:22 AM   #8
Argus
The Magister

Memnoch,

I agree exactly with your point. Hopefully Bioware is tired of having Interplay be the middle-man so to speak between them and the users. Since NWN is going to rely heavily on the free exchange of campaigns and so on, maybe they decided to not entrust it to Interplay. Lets hope that's the reason!
Old 10-17-2001, 04:29 AM   #9
Legolas the Elven Archer

Let's hope so. Bioware and Black Isle have made some great games together and it would be a shame if they stopped doing so.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 10-17-2001, 04:32 AM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

NWN is not going to be cancled, it is on the wagon for way to long to unlod in the middle of the road, I am sure!!

PS who would want to give money away when they almost got it?