Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-25-2001, 08:22 PM   #1
Gauleiter

This is loosely a response to a recent post, wherein someone lost the Tome of Fire to the infamous Inn bug; I decided to make it a new post because so many people, including myself, have had serious problems with the Inn bug, which, in addition to giving you billions of gold pieces, has a nasty tendency to steal your most valuable quest items.

I like to look at the Inn this way: Whatever a character enters the Inn with is what he has; no changes while he is in the Inn happen -- he will always have what he entered the Inn with. This is why the Gold Cheat works: the character retains his original gold even after another character pools it to himself, allowing him to pool it again after the original character has been removed and added again.

The solution is this: enter the Inn, grab your Mule characters (I always bring along two or three Dwarf Male Warriors, named Mule #1, #2, etc., to hold nifty items that I find along the way; when playing with one or two characters, you're always scrounging for inventory space, and the Mule characters help out tremendously), and IMMEDIATELY LEAVE the Inn, before you do anything. THEN, sitting in the Town proper, transfer items at your leisure. Then re-enter the Inn and remove your Mule characters; they will retain anything given to them BEFORE they entered the Inn.

It is utterly essential that you remember to do NOTHING in the Inn; you must leave it, do your stuff, then re-enter only to remove the Mules. I know, you could also make your changes, leave with the Mules, then re-enter and remove them, but I find that when you do that you often forget to leave WITH THEM, or you accidentally remove them during the process, etc. You will have absolutely no problems if you just remember to GET OUT OF THE INN before you do anything; think of the Inn as a very dangerous and undesirable place to be

I hope I've sufficiently explained the Inn bug and how to avoid it, because playing solo would be almost impossible if not for the Mule trick. The reason I chose Dwarf Male Warriors? They have the highest weight capacity besides Oomphaz Male Warriors, but they can also equip almost every item, which gives you a lot of extra space to play with.
Old 01-25-2001, 08:33 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Kudos, Gauleiter!!!

Excellent explanation of a much needed solution!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2001, 12:23 AM   #3
Starinth

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Even though I now have installed the patch, I'm going to follow your strategy. You deserve a 24K gold bar.

Regards,
Valoria, Thrumble, Pumpernickel, Kashmir, Fyrfly, and Starinth