Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-07-2001, 04:24 AM   #1
White Knight
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Okay, so I saved the toad village, and was reviewing the required quests, when I realized that I hadn't given the Toad's Potion to Medkawa. I high-tailed it back to where I found him, and in spite of him running away, I gave him the potion...he said "We really need this" or something like that, and I went back to town. The priest won't give me credit for completing the quest!

I know this is a known bug...is there a workaround or a character or quest editor I can use? Was there a specific order I had to perform the quests in? Will it ruin my priest, or my chances for success in the game to not advance any more in the Valeia priests guild? Will I be able to complete quests and advance my guild status in the other towns? Might any other characters also need to complete this quest (like those that gain priest powers upon class change)?

A vexing problem...any help or advice would be appreciated.
White Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2001, 04:38 AM   #2
Moni

I had to deal with the same problem. The only solution I know of is to re-load your game prior to handing it off and try again.
The second time I tried, I followed him until he quit speaking. "Mekdawa need this...toads need this...somethingsomething
goodbye Ukabu!" I don't know if it made a difference but I did not let him finish talking the first time & I got credit for the quest the second time!
Old 01-07-2001, 04:43 AM   #3
Moni

Sorry I forgot to mention that there is no particular order to the Toad Village vs the Toad Potion Quests...if you ever advance to Paladin, that character will be given the same quest (Deliver the Toad Potion)in the Valeia Priest's Guild.
Not completing it will prevent you from progressing in Valeia but not in other cities. If I remember right, one of your quests there does not advance your rank anyway, but until you complete it you will not be offered other quests in that guild.
: )
Old 01-07-2001, 10:19 PM   #4
Lirath
Welcomed New User

I gave the Potion to the Shinwiki Toad Shaman instead of Medkawa, because that's what Medkawa told me to do with it when I tried to give it to him. I can't get the Priest to recognize that I've done it either, and I don't believe I have a save prior to that, as I keep saving over the same save. Stupid. Any way to fix this, without starting a new game?
Lirath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2001, 10:42 PM   #5
Moni

Lirath, that is a dilema for sure!
Talk to Shinwiki & use the word "Trade"
(Shinwiki LIKES Trades!")
See if he has the potion on him that you can buy it back...(you will see the things he has for sale with a price on your scroll icon, I think you can scroll through his items for sale there too~just click on him to buy it).
A sadder fix would be to kill him & see if he has it on him (After you get his spear of course!)
If the former does not help you out, rather than trying the latter, post a new message with the subject "HELP!"
Someone out there who has not looked at this thread should be able to help you.