Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 11:57 PM   #61
Zebodog

Felix,

I believe you had the honour to server your country, did you not?

I also had the dishonour to server your country as well, in Vietnam. That's why I no longer live in "your" country. It is no longer mine.

The one thing I learned from Vietnam is that you can't liberate someone who doesn't want to be liberated.

Yes, I have taken the life of another human
Yes, I have seen internal body parts exit with the bullet
Yes, I have killed in the name of democracy
No, we never had the opportunity to take a head count on who was liberal and who was conservative. We were too busy trying to stay alive

Felix,

I lived through ten times worse than Desert Storm, I lived through a thousand times worse than Operation Freedom. I am fully aware of what "fighting for democracy" is all about.
*Disclaimer: If this thread, or a link within this thread leads you to follow advice that crashes/explodes/burns down or any way damages your system or causes personal stress or hardship, I am in no way responsible for any problems.*
Zebodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 12:23 AM   #62
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Damn Chewy, I thought for sure you were with me in ensuring these guys got their medals. Along with a step up in pay.
Why? I thought the standards in society and legally for police killings were a bit higher than mere highly cirumstantial evidence. No place here in the U.S. would a totally unarmed get gundowned without an inquiry. The circumstances make it an understandable mistake but a mistake non-the-less. I would neither gives medals nor a reprimand.

The terrorists love nothing more than for us to kill when not neccessary. Not only does it further their goal of spreading terror, but it creates excellent fodder for the propaganda of portraying westerners as war-like with a disregard for collateral life. It has nothing to do with liberal or conservative. Its a fact that voilence creates fear and fear breeeds terror. Ya wanna help the terrorists? Breed terror and your doing their job.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:30 AM   #63
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by Zebodog:
I'm not talking about the fundamentalist attitude, but the terrorist attitude. Until we understand that, we will never beat them.
The terrorist attitude is "I will kill anyone in order to cause fear while pretending to advance some social/political/religious cause". The only thing they understand is violence and the only stimulus to which they will respond is violence.

The only way to deal with them is to kill them.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 12:32 AM   #64
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Zebo, you may or may not be aware but Osama and Al Qaeda have declared jihad on Canada just as much as they have on France, the UK, America, Denmark and most of the western world, just because Canada hasn't been hit since that airliner blew up (have to check on dates but IIRC it was at least 10 years ago) doesn't mean your not on the shitlist.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:40 AM   #65
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Have you ever taken the life of another human?
Have you ever seen internal body parts exit with the bullet?
Have you ever killed in the name of democracy?
Have you ever taken a head count on how many soldiers are conservatives, and how few are liberals?

Better yet, take 60 minutes out of your overly busy schedule and go visit the VFW or Legion hall tomorrow afternoon, or Tuesday night.
What? Huh? Why?

I won't divide our country up with liberal and conservative babble. We are One Nation dude. Being a killer doesnt make you any more conservative than George W. Bush who hasn't killed anybody as far as I know and he is the Commander In Chief.

BTW- I resent your implications. Tssk Tssk. I know who died for my Country. I honor and serve them as they do for me. You don't even know and shouldn't even go there.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:42 AM   #66
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
What does liberal politics have to do with this event?
I know conservatives love to create the spector of the dumb evil liberal, but why in this thread?

And does not liberal mean something different over in the U.K. than the U.S. anyway? So how is flinging the word liberal around so liberally actually relevant?
Frankly I've found both Liberals and Conservatives are very reluctant to actually name the root cause of terrorism, those that do try have to be very circumspect about it or the liberal media will practically force their retirement.

One of the Senator's from AZ recently suggested that in the event of an nuclear attack (which unfortunately is only a matter of time, whether it's a dirty bomb or a "real" nuke) that we retaliate by nuking Mecca, I don't think it's a good idea (unless you want to mobilize close to the entirety of Islam against the west) but part of the problem is finding a target that will make them think twice about striking. (especially a problem when "Islamic Charities" devote themselves to making sure that the families of suicide bombers are taken care of (if your family will be taken care of that's one less worry on your shoulders when you strap on the bombs)).

{sorry I ramble a bit and the second paragraph is almost completely OT}
Old 07-30-2005, 12:45 AM   #67
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Have you ever taken a head count on how many soldiers are conservatives, and how few are liberals?
I will say that there's a reason Gore wanted to block Absentee Ballots in Y2K (absentee ballots are most often used by military members, a vast majority of whom are conservative)
Old 07-30-2005, 12:57 AM   #68
Zebodog

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
Zebo, you may or may not be aware but Osama and Al Qaeda have declared jihad on Canada just as much as they have on France, the UK, America, Denmark and most of the western world, just because Canada hasn't been hit since that airliner blew up (have to check on dates but IIRC it was at least 10 years ago) doesn't mean your not on the shitlist.
Declared Jihad because we were involved with the US, not necessarily because we wanted to be, but because we didn't want the repurcussions of not being involved.

Just because I don't agree with US foreign policy, doesn't mean I agree with the "tag alongs" either.
*Disclaimer: If this thread, or a link within this thread leads you to follow advice that crashes/explodes/burns down or any way damages your system or causes personal stress or hardship, I am in no way responsible for any problems.*
Zebodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 02:49 AM   #69
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Zebodog:
quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
Declared Jihad because we were involved with the US, not necessarily because we wanted to be, but because we didn't want the repurcussions of not being involved.

Just because I don't agree with US foreign policy, doesn't mean I agree with the "tag alongs" either.
[/QUOTE]umm no, not because you were involved in US foreign policy, it was actually issued by Osama before 9/11 and I sincerely doubt he meant to stop with the Canadians killed in the WTC. As an "infidel state" you are a target, short of capitulation and subjugation there is little that can be done to prevent it other than constant vigilance.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:14 AM   #70
Charlie
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Zink Whistlefly:

If the police have shot an killed an innocent asian guy, we can expect serious reprisals.
Had he been Asian or a muslim I'm sure you'd be correct. Infact many Asians were up in arms on the news about this (reported) Asian being shot 5 times, it was deemed an over the top handling by the police, the fact he may have been carrying a bomb was completely overlooked. After it was found out this guy was actually Brazilian and consequently not muslim, the affair was soon dropped and forgotten by the Asian/muslim community....Of course, had he been an Asian muslim, there would, as I believe, and you correctly point out, most likely be "serious reprisals". Talk about disparity.

[ 07-30-2005, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: Charlie ]
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote