Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-23-2001, 06:21 PM   #1
Lioness
Jack Burton

The search didn't work, so I am posting a new thread for my story. If anyone has a problem with the way their character is portrayed, let me know. Also, Rik, if yo see this, could you re-post that info about your character? I do want to include him.
Here you go:

The door was flung open in a rush of air. Lightning flashed upon the dark threshold, where a short, stout figure stood.
"Cloud-hic-Angel! Where's my ale?" his booming voice rang throughout the pub.
A small, brown-haired woman tossed her head and glared at the man who had addressed her. She was half-elven, and it was noticeable through her slightly pointed ears, and petite bodyHer eyes were a soft brown, set above a small exquisite nose, and sweet pink lips. Her 5'3" frame was delicately curved, and she wore a simple, but pretty gown of dark plum. She now turned to the dwarf that had called her and sighed.
"Neb, you've had six pints of ale already," Cloudy said, glaring at him.
"Haven't!" the wild-haired dwarf yelled. "That was-hic-only my fifth-hic-or fourth…" He collapsed into a chair, the many chains around his neck rattling. His hair, beard, and eyes were black, and his shoulders were nearly as broad as he was tall. He wore chain-mail armor, and carried a gleaming warhammer.
Cloudy IceAngel glanced carelessly at the sleeping dwarf and turned back to the customer in fornt of her. He was a tall human, with wavy dark hair, and cold blue eyes. His bared forearms were muscular and led to broad shoulders under a strong jaw. He wore a dark blue tunic, and brownpants with black leather boots. His arm casually rested on the hilt of a two-handed sword that gleamed with a magical aura. Although he did not lift it, his pose gave a warning to any who dared to interrupt.
Cloudy turned to him with a charming smile. "I'm sorry for the distraction Azure. What were you saying?"
Azure Wolfe smiled nonchalantly and drawled, "'Tis alright Cloudy. That fool doesn't hav enough sense to keep himself sober. I was telling you about the timeI took on three ogres in a pit ring. A mage as well, one of them was. I circled him slowly, and one of them tried to get behind me, but…"
As Azure boasted loudly, across the pub a pair sat, whispering quietly. One was a young elven girl, about 13 or 14. She was tall for an elf, at 5'5", and her long, silky copper hair flowed over daintily pointed ears. Her mouth and nose were finely shaped, under dark braws and a creamy complexion. She wore an emerald green waitresses gown, and tied back her longhair with a ribbon. Her blue-green eyes were now focused on the tall man addressing Cloudy, and she frowned.
"What's the matter Sharra?" her companion asked. He was a slim elven boy, probably just an inch taller than Sharra herself. At around 14, there were just the faintest traces of hair on his face. The hair on his head was a curly brown, and his eyes were like milk chocolate. The nimble hands that stuck out of his tunic were tanned, like his face,and he wore patched breeches and worn brown boots.
His name was Cody Sepiro, and his usually cheery face now looked worried over Sharra's unusual silence. He had known her all his life, since they were small children, and Cloudy, Sharra's aunt, had taken him in. He never knew where his parents were, or ifthey were dead. At least Sharra knew what had happened to her mother and father, he thought, glancing at her enviously. Then he realized she was answering him, and was shaken out of his reverie.
"…it's that man, Azure. He seems so…insincere, but he's got Aunt completely under his spell. I suppose I'm just being paranoid, but it doesn't seem right."
Cody glanced over at the handsome figure leaning comfortably over the bar. He certainly seemed quite pompous, and self-confident. If Sheild saw any man, especially this good-looking one, leaning that close to Cloudy, well, heads would roll! Lord Shield and Lady Cloudy were Sharra's aunt and uncle, and the owners of the Ironworks Tavern, where he now sat. Lord Shield was rarely present in the bar, but was usually wrapped up in his spells, but when seen in public, he had eyes only for his lovely wife.
"Don't worry, Sharra. It looks to me like Cloudy's got him charmed, not the other way around. If I were that bloke, though, I'd watch out fot Lord Shield. He doesn't like to see anyone so comfortable around Cloudy." Cody said with a grin.
"Uncle's working on a new spell, so he's not likely to come out tonight. But I suppose you're right," Sharra agreed.
As Cody and Sharra resumed their normal conversation, the tavern door was thrist open again. A tall, elegantly dresses young manstrode in. He was half-elven, with dark blond hair, and icy sky blue eyes. He wore a royal blue tunic under a midnight-blue cape. His black breeches were of an expensive material, ans his boots looked recently shined. He looked just 17 years old, but carried himself like a lord. His steely eyes traveled coldly over the patrons of the pub, and his eyes came to rest on Sharra. His eyebrows lifted slightly, and he paused, waiting.
Sharra glanced up and caught his eye. Sighing, she stood up and walked over to him.
"Is there anything I can help you with?" she said, exasperated.
The newcomer didn't answer for a moment, then smiling, almost condescendingly, at the pretty elf in front of him, he replied, "Just a glass of wine, lass, and perhaps you'd care to talk with me a bit." He smiled again and strolled over to a table in the corner.
Kazara, Sharra's friend, and the other waitress, raised her delicate eyebrows at Sharra. She was half-human, half-halfling, and very smart as well as pretty. She had thick, curly brown hair, and a rosy face. At 15, though just 4 feet tall, she was able to handle any rough customers in the tavern. Sharra rolled her eyes back at her, and Kaz, as she was called, laughed silently. Sharra poured wine into a crystal glass, and with an apologetic look at Cody, glided over to the handsome young man in the corner.
Sharra set the glass of wine on the table, and watched as the blue-eyed man sipped it slowly. Glancing up at her with a smirking smile, he said, "Sit down, girl, I don't bite, you know. My name is Jerome. Who are you?"
Sharra glared at him, but took a seat across the small table. "My name is Sharra. Cloudy, my aunt, runs this tavern with Lord Shield, her husband. I am a waitress, and I am not here for your enjoyment! Understood?"
Jerome grinned at her, his cold eyes gleaming. "How do you know you're not, fire-hair?"
Sharra's eyes narrowed on the impudent figure in front of her. As he didn't respond, but continued to smile, she stormily got up, and walked outside. Jerome watched her go, still grinning, before turning back to his wine. As he didn't respond, but continued to smile, she angrily got up and walked outside. Jerome watched her go, still grinning, before turning back to his wine. As Sharra stormed out, Azure Wolfe's steely eyes focused on her for a moment, then turned to Jerome. Glancing up, Jerome caught his gaze and gave a barely perceptible nod.
Sharra shivered and leaned against the cold stone wall of the tavern. The storm had died away, and the night was clear and cold. As she stared up at the full moon that hung above the trees' dark silhouettes, her mind wandered back to that evening's events. Why? She thought, why did he make me lose my temper like that? It's not like he's the first person to ask me to talk with them They were all annoying, that's for sure, but I never just…exploded like that! Why does he get to me? It's just…there's something about him. That self-assured air, ooh, I could kill him! Sharra shook her head to clear her thoughts, and tried to calm down. Taking a deep breath, she turned back under the Ironworks Tavern sign, and walked back inside.
When Sharra reentered the pub, Jerome was gone. Kaz told her he had asked ot be shown to his room shortly after she had left, and had given her about three times as much money as the room cost. Sharra shrugged and tried to look indifferent, but inside she was nervous and troubled. She suddenly didn't want to talk to Kaz or Cody, or anybody. After telling Cloudy, who was still talking to Azure, that she was tired, Sharra went up to her room on the third floor, and tried to fall asleep. Memories fluttered around in her head like birds trying to escape. Her thoughts wandered back to that fateful day eight years ago…

------------------

Lil' Angel
Sword Saint and Enchantress of the HADB Clan
The Lady Lioness of Castle Kerhelm
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe and the Promised Land
Official Restrainer of Table Dancers
PeaceKeeping Force, Intelligence Division
Emerald Dragoness of DOTW

[This message has been edited by Lioness (edited 10-23-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 06:26 PM   #2
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

hmm, i see that your reaction to Jerome is a bit more than i thought... well it looks like you're going to start a memory sequence soon, and those are always nice! have fun with it, those are always the best scenes in my opinion!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Shadow Dragon of the DotW
Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-23-2001, 06:30 PM   #3
Lioness
Jack Burton

Thanx Sephie! Actually, I have most of it written, but I'm too lazy(and IW is too addicting) to type it.

------------------

Lil' Angel
Old 10-23-2001, 06:36 PM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Very well writen Lioness, be sure to post the sequel.

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.

Paladin of the order, first bodyguard of Lady Lioness and defender of Castle Kerhelm
Old 10-23-2001, 06:43 PM   #5
Lioness
Jack Burton

You betcha Dreamer! Thanx!

------------------

Lil' Angel
Old 10-23-2001, 06:49 PM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
You betcha Dreamer! Thanx!

Dont thank me, im not being nice. Im just statting the facts.

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.

Paladin of the order, first bodyguard of Lady Lioness and defender of Castle Kerhelm
Old 10-23-2001, 06:50 PM   #7
Tiamat
Banned User

Good job! I like it!

------------------

Da Monkey! Da Monkey!
Old 10-23-2001, 07:09 PM   #8
Lioness
Jack Burton

Ooh...sweet siggie, Tiamat! Luv it!

------------------

Lil' Angel