Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2001, 12:44 AM   #31
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Thank you, Yorick. I appreciate your clarifying that. I know we all have our limits (Heavens knows, mine has been stretched to the breaking point today on that forum) but all of us (myself included) need to think a minute before hitting that "SUBMIT" button.

Failing that, there's always the "Edit" link.

Cheers,

------------------
Old 10-22-2001, 02:46 AM   #32
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
I hope you're not accusing any of us of favoritism, tracey.

People like Yorick (and Fljotsdale, Cloudbringer, Silver Cheetah and Diogenes to name just a few) are regular posters here and as such have shown over the course of many months what type of people they are. If I feel it's uncharacteristic for someone to have committed this offence, I admonish them a bit more gently since we know them to be normally polite and courteous people. I did the same with Fljotsdale when she flamed someone a few weeks ago (without realizing she did).

This is just human nature, tracey. The same rules STILL apply to them same as everyone else but different methods of communication work best for different people. What's important is that the message is put across and is applied for the future.

Then again, I do try to be gentle with most people. I'd hate to be called a forum tyrant because I'm not.

Tracey, Memnoch and I have hooked up in real life a couple of times. I consider Memnoch for example as a friend. We speak kinder to those we consider friends do we not? Consequently the weight of words of rebuke are proportionately relative to normal communique.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Yorick (edited 10-22-2001).]
Old 10-23-2001, 03:52 PM   #33
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
This is so correct. I shouldn't have called him a twat, a wonderboy or implied he was nine.

This post had a go at his ideas though not him:

Yes I know I shouldn't have called him names, but heck. My patience has a limit. The names were kind of humorous. In person, given an Aussie accented tone and a gentle punch in the arm, the words would have been softer. I truly believe he is a child. I don't want to make a child feel bad. I genuinely wanted to know his age so I knew how best to react.

Perhaps I should have said this:

"Dramnek your ideas are emotion based and not founded on logic or information, but on misinformation, miseducation and a failure to grasp alternate mindsets to your own."

Is this better.

BTW guys, in future remind me to stop wearing that bullseye shirt won't you.

I am a child actually, but you really should be more careful about using "twat" as I was once expelled from school for using such a word . And I would like to think after years at a Christian school and many lengthy debates with C of E vicars and R.E teachers I know a little about why people believe in a god, although maybe I am wrong , But in future I will try to heed advice and temper my posts with the mighty hammers of diplomacy and tact. so consider this matter settled then(if you wish to, that is (and if it hasn’t already been settled)