Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2004, 11:03 AM   #1
Raistlin Majere
Ra

First of all now that im playing a mage. Through my starting points and a tattoo, ive gotten my Intelligence up to 20. the description says that there isnt a limit to the spells i can learn. Does this mean that I shouldnt place any more points into it, and instead place the points into Wisdom or Charisma(which are 19 and 18)? The wisdom thingie is supposed to give me more exp, so...on the other hand, i could use some HP, so constitution could help...any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

Also, which Faction should i join? Ive heard the sensates are pretty good, but i cant find them...

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 12:47 PM   #2
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Well, the three most "important" stats in the game are Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma, since they allow you a whole host of additional dialogue options, and let you learn a lot more about the game a whole lot quicker. 20 Intelligence is fine for a lot of the game, but I always boosted mine up to the 23-4 level for both it and Wisdom as soon as I could, just for the additional XP and dialogue. Being immortal kinda reduced the need for hit points in my eyes. Plus, as a mage you should stay out of the way of most combats anyway.

Factions are more a matter of choice than anything. Technically you might need to becoem a sensate (unless your charisma is high enough), but aside from that, it's a matter of philsophy. The Sensates can be found in the Civic festhall, btw, in the Clerks Ward.

Glad to see this wonderful game still is being played. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2004, 03:08 PM   #3
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
Well, the three most "important" stats in the game are Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma, since they allow you a whole host of additional dialogue options, and let you learn a lot more about the game a whole lot quicker. 20 Intelligence is fine for a lot of the game, but I always boosted mine up to the 23-4 level for both it and Wisdom as soon as I could, just for the additional XP and dialogue. Being immortal kinda reduced the need for hit points in my eyes. Plus, as a mage you should stay out of the way of most combats anyway.

Factions are more a matter of choice than anything. Technically you might need to becoem a sensate (unless your charisma is high enough), but aside from that, it's a matter of philsophy. The Sensates can be found in the Civic festhall, btw, in the Clerks Ward.

Glad to see this wonderful game still is being played. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Indeed, its the best game ive played since, i dont know, BG2 i guess...IŽll keep puttin' the points in int. and wis. i guess. thanks for the advice!

Old 01-06-2004, 11:44 AM   #4
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Another question: How in blazes do i get into the siege tower in the lower ward?!

Old 01-06-2004, 11:50 PM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Raistlin Majere:
Another question: How in blazes do i get into the siege tower in the lower ward?!
Have you been to the Market yet? Within the market lies a kid. Talk to the kid about Baatezus and it will lead to a conversation about the Siege Tower. The Nameless One will automatically figure out how to enter the Siege Tower. Once he knows, go to the ruined drawbridge and let the scripting do its' work.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 12:00 PM   #6
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Alternatively, you can do the 'Dreamweaver' quest in the Foundry. The engineer will tell you how to get inside to obtain one of the pieces you need.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:27 AM   #7
Raistlin Majere
Ra

thanks! it worked. now im quite alot further, and cant seem to kill the Trancended One...is he killable? I beat the game via talking, but id think hed be killable too...i batteled him for like half an hour and didnt kill him...used all my spells and stuff! Perhaps its because i didnt talk to him...

Old 01-15-2004, 07:39 AM   #8
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

You can kill him in melee [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 08:37 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

End-Game Spoilers
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
There are... three general ways on beating your Mortality.

1) Kill yourself. You either need high WIS (24 I believe) to will yourself out of existence or stab yourself with the Blade of the Immortal.

This is a pretty lousy ending.

2) Kill your Mortality. Self-explanatory. Beat him up bad.

This too, is a pretty lousy ending.

3) Merge with your Mortality. You either need high WIS to convince him, or threathen him with the Blade of the Immortal.

This, by far, is the most satisfactory ending, because you get to have a final conversation with your party members before you... die.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 07:30 AM   #10
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
End-Game Spoilers
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
There are... three general ways on beating your Mortality.

1) Kill yourself. You either need high WIS (24 I believe) to will yourself out of existence or stab yourself with the Blade of the Immortal.

This is a pretty lousy ending.

2) Kill your Mortality. Self-explanatory. Beat him up bad.

This too, is a pretty lousy ending.

3) Merge with your Mortality. You either need high WIS to convince him, or threathen him with the Blade of the Immortal.

This, by far, is the most satisfactory ending, because you get to have a final conversation with your party members before you... die.
I did #3...i had WIS, INT and CHA all maxed, so i dont know what you need and how much. I tried beating him magick-wise, but it didnt work...and my mage wasnt really the meleeist, so i didnt have an opportunity to trie that out. As a side note, daymn that "Celestial Host" spell is Cool! Best animation ive ever seen, probably(though ive seen some good cinematics in some other games...).

[ 01-17-2004, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: Raistlin Majere ]