Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 01:27 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Fantastic Four 2
Four Minus One Everyone's on board for round two except Victor Von Doom himself, Julian McMahon. You know a sequel is in trouble when the villain decides to go do a Sandra Bullock movie instead.

Source: http://movies.go.com/buzzbin?columni...C-O9J344335617
Old 12-08-2005, 04:20 PM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Hurray for another POS superhero movie.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:57 AM   #3
Sir Goulum
John Locke

F4 wasn't bad. Helped that it was free I suppose. Don't they have any other villains they can use?!
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 04:16 PM   #4
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

It wasn't bad, except that they didn't actually do anything... While I'm not nearly as critical of it as Spooney, he does make alot of good points.

spooneyrant
Old 12-10-2005, 01:09 AM   #5
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

I wasn't crazy about it at first, but as I think about it, I like it more and more simply because it wasn't another "let's dress in black leather and show how dark and dangerous the world can be" type of movie. It was a superhero movie where things were kind of light and fun-- just the things that brought me to comics in the first place some 30 years ago.

The trend these days is to be as violent, dark and pessimistic as possible. Torch was great because he was enjoying his powers and having fun.

Frankly I am amazed that the new Superman film doesn't have him dressed in black and carrying Kryptonian machine guns to blow the crap out of the villains....
Old 12-10-2005, 02:14 AM   #6
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnabas:
I wasn't crazy about it at first, but as I think about it, I like it more and more simply because it wasn't another "let's dress in black leather and show how dark and dangerous the world can be" type of movie. It was a superhero movie where things were kind of light and fun-- just the things that brought me to comics in the first place some 30 years ago.
Exactly. You could tell that it wasn't going to be another Spiderman, just a light movie that keeps you entertained for 2 hours.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 09:44 AM   #7
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

<font color = lightgreen>The Fantastic Four have always enjoyed a very positive public image through the years. This could possibly be due to the fact that they were always accessible and open with the public. The Avengers were the same way, while the X-Men always kept to the shadows and avoided public contact whenever possible, something that generally leads the public to think less of you.

I, too, am getting tired of the "dark anti-hero" stuff. Batman (the first two Tim Burton ones) were really good because at the time they were different...and I really like Tim Burton movies. Actually, we have Frank Miller and Alan Moore to thank for all this--the dark superhero movement really took off with The Dark Knight Returns and the Watchmen. (On a side note...I still hope someone makes a Watchmen movie in the near future.) Although I did enjoy The Matrix (yes, it was a superhero movie), Punisher, and Sin City I think we're long overdue for some more positive and "light" heroes, you know...the knight in shining armor, and all that jazz.

But I digress.

The movie studios will beg and plead until Julian relents to reprise the role of Doom. Although I can understand his reluctance to do another superhero movie, they'll probably offer him so much money that he can't afford not to accept. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] </font>

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 09:33 PM   #8
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Watched F 4 last night at work. I thought it was good not great but good. When I was a young nerd I collected the comic books so I had to see it. Over all good renter.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:51 PM   #9
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
Watched F 4 last night at work.
Sounds like a good job I wish I could watch movies at work! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Regarding F4: Any film with Jessica Alba in it will probably be okay for certain reasons... [img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img]

Yes, I know I'm shallow
Old 12-13-2005, 03:32 PM   #10
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Yeah Zarr I have it really good at work. When working shift work and you are need to be awake the internet and TV helps. Oh and loads of red bull.