Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #21
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: HD Version of Baldur's Gate?

I thought it was a hint toward BG3 personally. Unless they're gonna do something about the archaic game engine, BG in HD is...meh.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #22
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion

@ The CrimsomBlade
No, it's got nothing to do with Bioware. Trent Oster is ex-Bioware. His studio is called "Overhaul Games", which ironically hints that unfortunately, it will indeed be some kind of superfluous HD remake.

If you do the research, you'll see that he's already had a meeting with Atari. Furthermore, the fact that Trent prefers BG1 to BG2 gives more credence to the idea that it'll be a remake.

https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23baldursgate

I was hoping for another Infinity Engine game based on the source code stuff from the baldursgate.com website (Raise Dead: Infinity Engine!). BG3 at this point, wouldn't make any sense. I guess it's a case of watch this space and we'll see what happens.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #23
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Many people forget that Atari talked previously about how they plan to churn out more BG and NWN's titles. It was a few years back now. Here's an old link.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ghts-planned/1
Old 03-09-2012, 07:31 AM   #24
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion

Maybe people forgot about it because nothing came of what they promised.

Same goes for J.E Sawyer's Black Hound project - which was originally going to be BG3 (despite not continuing the storyline in any way) but got cancelled. Years later, Josh altered some of the content from the Black Hound proect into a still unfinished module for NWN2. Kind of understandable though given Sawyer's other big projects at Obsidian.

Here's some concept art for the original BG3 (Or Project Jefferson) that was abandoned.
https://plus.google.com/photos/11507...785?banner=pwa
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
Old 03-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #25
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

They said they have plans to make more in the franchise but wouldn't discuss it until next year. This could simply be them arriving late to the party Atari-style.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #26
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azred View Post
All I know is that when she went there none of her party members could use it.

The door in question uses 61sseeye.bcs but all it does is check to see if someone's animation id is a histachii then makes that person run away if it isn't. I also see that only the 61potnhb item has one effect on humans and a different effect on non-humans; the 61potnsb appears to be usable by anyone.

How strange. I recall her having trouble because no one could get into that room with the shelf. *shrug* Oh, well...there must have been something else going on at the time.
I did a little digging and found that the Histachii Brew will turn into a useless potion if you rest. I wonder if the sabotaged brew does the same thing?

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #27
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I have a good feeling after Diablo 3 is released, and all the companies see the profit coming in, they will all work on RPG's or more 'Diablo clones' as they did in the past..

I think Diablo 3 will give PC gaming a good boost..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #28
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I hope so.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #29
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

Uh...well, I don't think Diablo III is the kind of boost I really want for PC gaming and especially role-playing games. In fact, the design and genre style of that series has unfortunately already plagued the market too much thus the amount of Diablo clones. It's ironic that Diablo is actually being mentioned in a thread about Baldur's Gate - considering that BG's influence sadly, wasn't as strong. To be honest and this is my personal perference - we need more games made in the style of Baldur's Gate than we do Diablo.

Having said all that - I think The Wasteland 2 kickstarter project is a far more much more interesting and promising concept for the influence it may have on game design for developers and indeed PC gaming, rather than some over-bloated defacto MMO.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
Old 03-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #30
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I agree, CD, but ANY help for PC games is good at this point . Diablo's ARE more hack and slash, and stuff.. but if it could get the Baldurs Gate 3 or remake up and going, I'm willing to except that hehe..

What older games lacked in graphics, sure made up with depth and storyline.. miss those days... STILL waiting on Thief 4 news... UGH.... its been in dev for 3 years!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote