Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-09-2005, 01:44 PM   #11
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

thank goodness i can't afford coke very often!

the formaldehyde can also be created in your intestines, not just in the cans, and it's from aspartame. with that a person can develop an allergy to formaldehyde when drinking diet soda's excessively.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:06 PM   #12
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

I'm thirsty [img]tongue.gif[/img]
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 06:32 PM   #13
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Ilander:
Anyone besides me on this forum basically completely given up soft drinks?
i do and trying to avoid them at all cost. of course when there is no choice (such as getting pepsi on a meal deal on a fast food joint), i enjoy it. but it only happens once a month at least [img]smile.gif[/img] . i prefer pepsi to coke anyday btw..

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 06:46 PM   #14
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

SOmeone who dislike water. How about we throw him in the burning desert and see how he fare?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 07:25 PM   #15
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Well, you do get water from things other than just the tap... unless everything he eats is dried out. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 07:29 PM   #16
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

What a moron, it sounds like he's too proud to hold a can of Coke [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 02:13 AM   #17
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

I drink mainly juice now, but used to drink a ton of soft drinks. My wife drinks only water, but as Gangrell said, water is tasteless. I will drink it if it is very cold (just warm enough not to freeze), but when I drink I like to *taste* something.

I won't touch diet soft drinks though. As much as sugar is not great for you, aspartame is much, much, much worse. Most people don't realize what a health hazard it is. They'll say "well, why do they put it in things if it's bad?", but consider that they used to deny that cigarettes are bad for you...

--------------------

Quote:
I'd say the guy's got an unhealthy obsession, if he won't even touch someone else's can or cup. His site did say (as of Oct '04) he's switched to Pepsi Edge to cut down on sugar, which is good. My 1st thought after reading this was he's making himself a good candidate for diabetes. [/QB]
I keep hearing mixed views on this. Most people I know in the medical field (but not all), say that consuming sugar will not cause diabetes, that you will either get it or not get it, regardless of the amount of sugar you consume.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:21 AM   #18
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
I don't really enjoy water myself, not because it 'doesn't do anything' ( ), but because it just has no taste. I drink about a two liter and a half of diet pepsi a day because I've lost my taste for regular. Once you drink diet for so long, regular leaves a bad aftertaste.
I wonder how your theeth's will look like in a couple of year with that huge drinking of diet pepsi every day!
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 05:43 AM   #19
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Sedai:
I've since read article after article on how the sugar substitute used in sodas can, when the product is allowed to get over a certain temperature (which can happen in storage or even in transit to a store), it turns into something akin to formaldehyde. It can cause all sorts of symptoms - prevalent among them, symptoms of MS. Back pain, aches, fevers, lethargy, stomach problems, heart problems, etc. Well, of *course* it would! You are embalming yourself with the stuff!
One of the reasons I never drink "diet" versions of drinks, better to have surgar floating around in my system..

Though that's porbably not good for my either, what with my family medical history (heart attacks, diebeates(sp?) ect)

Better that we enjoy what life we have, than worry about things that could kill us, it could all end tomorrow for all we know and I'd rather live my days the way I choose to.

Addiction is a nasty thing.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:45 AM   #20
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:
quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
I don't really enjoy water myself, not because it 'doesn't do anything' ( ), but because it just has no taste. I drink about a two liter and a half of diet pepsi a day because I've lost my taste for regular. Once you drink diet for so long, regular leaves a bad aftertaste.
I wonder how your theeth's will look like in a couple of year with that huge drinking of diet pepsi every day! [/QUOTE]from the picture. i say that he looks pretty normal for a old guy drinking pepsi for how many decades of his life.

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote