Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 07-29-2002, 10:58 AM   #1
Aredendra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Alright, I'm curious, was there a way to save her from the death of a burning pryre? ((sp?)) Anyway, waaaayyy back in the beginning of the game, I saw her get fried, 'cept no matter who I talked to or how much my party thought that her burning was wrong, I couldn't seem to *do* anything about her getting flamed. So I figured, alright, maybe there's nothing.

However! There was a BG site that listed her as a possible NPC for your party. They don't say *how* to save her anywhere, just that you can. How would that have worked?
Old 07-29-2002, 11:04 AM   #2
philip
Galvatron

You can attack the guys who want to burn her when they're just in your range (the dialogue doesn't start but you can target them) so they won't notice you(once they're hostile they will try to kill you first before burning Viconia). You can walk next to the pyre and when the leader ends his talk, click on the pyre (the use item icon appears) if you're quick enough she's free and you'll be attacked by the peasants kill them and you can take Viconia with you.

[ 07-29-2002, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: philip ]
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 11:10 AM   #3
Aredendra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Alright, another Q: How do I attack people who aren't in that nice little red circle? Because their stance never changed for me, no matter where I was chattin it up.
Old 07-29-2002, 11:38 AM   #4
philip
Galvatron

Click another time on your selected weapon (a orange/red line appears instead of the green line) when you move your mouse pointer it is a sword, if you click on a creature your character will attack (you can try to bash chests, doors etc. open the same way, though you have a very little chance to open it).
Old 07-29-2002, 11:40 AM   #5
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Ah, I believe I know what you mean....some people in the game won't turn bad, therefore you don't attack them [img]smile.gif[/img] . It shouldn't be a problem either way!

Oh....and

WELCOME TO IRONWORKS!!!!

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 12:05 PM   #6
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Ah, I believe I know what you mean....some people in the game won't turn bad, therefore you don't attack them [img]smile.gif[/img] . It shouldn't be a problem either way!

Oh....and

WELCOME TO IRONWORKS!!!!

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
They will turn red if you released Viconia before they torched her (the way mentioned in my first post)
Old 07-29-2002, 12:49 PM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Actually... if you free Viconia first, the peasants will not attack you, only the fanatics. Unless you are aiming for the pits with your reputation.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 03:29 PM   #8
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Actually... if you free Viconia first, the peasants will not attack you, only the fanatics. Unless you are aiming for the pits with your reputation.
I meant those but I forgot how they were called... and after all they are peasants aren't they?
Old 07-29-2002, 03:43 PM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

One of them is a Priest, the other two are soldiers.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 09:37 PM   #10
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Is it possible to watch Viconia burn? Every time i have played the game i have rescued her and either kept her or left her.